PE.smd file

Marcus Becker

PE.smd file

Post by Marcus Becker »

I like to edit my aircraft.cfg files so my library displays how I like to see it. This unfortunately has a negative side effect of having to manually edit other files too. My dilemma is that for some reason many aircraft are not displaying at all.

I'll start with the basic ones and maybe you can help point out if I'm overlooking something.
My C172 is set up in my aircraft config with the title:
title=Cessna 172SP Skyhawk G1000

In the PE.smd file:
Cessna+172SP+Skyhawk+G1000 C172

I've checked that the model loads in P3d with success. Any idea why it won't load up as a drone?
MervA

Re: PE.smd file

Post by MervA »

G'day Marcus,

I'm only just now transitioning over to P3D, now that recent update v2.4 allows me to fly my favorite GA aircraft the Legacy without problems, and at present am doing a lot of configuring, so not sure if I can help you.

If you can load the C172 in P3D without problems, Ok then.

Check the C172 Aircraft.cfg file aircraft Title= for extra space's or other, that can sometimes happen, the pe.smd file requires one plus sign [+] for each space.

Cya !

Merv
Tip : check online change the C172 identifier in the smd file to BE58, switch off the Baron section, go to El Toro
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Thanks for the reply and I'll have to double check for spaces. The Baron is another one that isn't working. I actually have a pretty large list that aren't showing up. I even had a different model of the Baron and tried to add that in place of the default Baron and that didn't show either.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I've had a chance to do a little digging and experimenting. It looks like there is some corruption in my install somewhere. I deleted my PE.smd file and started vanilla. For some reason, the client is throwing in references that aren't defined in the file. There must be something hanging around somewhere. For now, I've uninstalled the client to do some scouring for leftovers.
MervA

Post by MervA »

So it,s a case of did it all work fine before the editing, if so, then I'd say you may have an entry error, best thing would be start from scratch, which you most likely have done all ready. Strange that some do and others do not work though, like to hear how you get on.

Cya !

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

It didn't work before editing because I didn't install the PE client before editing my aircraft.cfg files. Call me obsessive but I like my stuff a particular way so it's all easy to find. Example, ui_manufacture=Carenado? Last I checked, Carenado doesn't manufacture airplanes. Since P3D has the aircraft list sorted by the title in the .cfg file, I went through and renamed them starting with the manufacturer so I can find what I want in the list.

Regarding my problem, after 2 uninstalls and a 3rd install, it appears to be reading appropriately. During the second uninstall, I noticed in the log that it wasn't deleting all of the files so I manually deleted everything PE related and reinstalled. I'm able to see the Baron now so I assume all is well. I'll start adding all my other models so I can see them too.

Thanks for the ideas in finding a solution.
MervA

Post by MervA »

Your welcome, Mr Obsessive :P

Glad to see you got it fixed