Prepar V2.4 not able to transmit

folie1

Prepar V2.4 not able to transmit

Post by folie1 »

I recently moved to P3D v2.4 from FSX.

Issue: I cannot transmit anymore (or better I am not heard by ATC) in P3D when it is the active window, I do hear everything. Once I minimize P3D, I can both hear and transmit (verified with radio check).....

Information:
1. The Pilotedge little screen does not float anymore in P3D. Don't really care but it is different from the FSX situation I had.
2. I have to run P3D as administrator to make certain addons work but I think this is only an issue with FSX?!
3. I run P3D v2.4
4. I installed latest PE client version.

Any other things I should check?

Thanks
Mark Hargrove

Re: Prepar V2.4 not able to transmit

Post by Mark Hargrove »

I don't know if you ever received a response to this post, but running P3D as administrator is what's likely to be causing your problem. What add-ons do you have that require you to run P3D as admin? I've been running P3D for over a year now (including v 2.4 right now) and have no issues with the PE client (and I haven't found any need to run P3D as admin).
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you must run P3D as Administrator, then your keypress for the PTT it not going to be seen by the PE client. You'll need to use FSUIPC to trigger the PTT instead.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Actually, reading the FSX forum, it looks like people have had luck by setting the PE client to run as Administrator in those cases, and the keyboard-based PTT has worked.
folie1

Post by folie1 »

Thanks much for the help. I run the Flight1tech's GTN750 in the A2A C182. I have to run prepar3D as administrator else it crashes.

Anyways the provided solution to also run the Pilot Edge interface as admin, has 'cured' the problem. Should have tried that one myself before posting.... ;)

Thanks for the help once more. Glad to have this going again.