TCP/UDP ports to open behind network Firewall

Hkklm

TCP/UDP ports to open behind network Firewall

Post by Hkklm »

Using P3D 2.4
I struggle since days to connect to pilotedge, because I have to know, which TCP /UDP ports will be in use to set up the Firewall of our network correctly. Managed to have a Basic Login, the plane can be seen in the PE map with correct callsign, but no voice Connection in or out is established. So this should be a Problem with the TSP3 UDP Settings of your Network. To do the work right without trying days by accident, please tell me the right port ranges in and out. I am shure, there are plenty enough pilots, searching the same Information, because for largr network-Setups, a dedicated Firewall is mandatory.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to connect properly HK
Hkklm

Re: TCP/UDP ports to open behind network Firewall

Post by Hkklm »

Solved - installed a port sniffer, recording all used UDP and TCP requests by the PEsoftware and used this for firewall settings...working now
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

why not list the port numbers in case someone else has the same problem?
Hkklm

Post by Hkklm »

Could be a firewall safety issue, by I will get the necessary port list the next days from my "paranoid" network guys and will offer it for support, maybe per PM, have to check it before...
Rick Stratman

Post by Rick Stratman »

Yea all network guys/gals are a joy to work with :)
MervA

Post by MervA »

Gents, this has been cover elsewhere, see

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1252&p=16213&hilit ... rts#p16213
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Hkklm

Post by Hkklm »

Thanks, had this information before, but did not work for our dedicated firewall ( not the WIN firewall within a single computer, but a complete security system) ...the "sniff logging" proofed, that there are many TCP and UDP requests and connections in the background linked to PEclient...maybe the two ports we knew before are working for a router, but for our firewall system, it was no solution. Now it IS working, we will analyze it with our " IT watchdogs" the next days, give you the results depending on security issues posted or via PM...but this can be a serious factor, people don't try or stop trying so real impressive initiatives like PE (as I can overview it as an IRME licensed Pilot in Europe but unexperienced in USA skies...)
MervA

Post by MervA »

Ok, roger that, it's one of THOSE systems. ;)

Cya !

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor