Long time xplane user thinking of switching

nigelmcelwee

Long time xplane user thinking of switching

Post by nigelmcelwee »

I have been using xplane for 2 years and before that was an avid FSX user. I am very much an eye candy guy and I love all the functionality of the carenado planes for p3D like the stationair with the g1000, etc....from a vfr standpoint, what performance can I expect with p3d? I typically run xplane at 30fps locked at half refresh rate with extreme settings and HDR on with 4xsaa. SInce I like eye candy, obviously xplane has a long way to go but I love the flight dynamics of it.

what kind of performance can I expect with GA aircraft with p3d from Carenado? specs below:

4790k at 4.8
titan superclocked 6gb
16gb 1866 ram
1920x1080 on a 27" monitor (single monitor setup)
Keith Smith

Re: Long time xplane user thinking of switching

Post by Keith Smith »

G-1000 is coming pretty soon for x-plane, you might want to hang in a bit longer!
nigelmcelwee

Post by nigelmcelwee »

oh yeah? I did not realize that! Is that on their blog somewhere? God I would love the 1000!!!!
golfpilot

Post by golfpilot »

I have nearly identical specs (i run gtx 970 and 4k resolution)
I with all the eye candy loaded up I'll have drops below 20 with G1000 Carenado planes. It is semi annoying at times but it is very playable.
Andrew Roberts
Real World Private Pilot w/instrument
Walnut Creek, CA
PE callsign: N56PA
par2005

Post by par2005 »

I do not fly Corenado with Prepar3d, but moving from FSX to Prepar3d increased fps dramatically, and on top of that, it looks really really good. I am actually finally satisfied with the way it looks.

I know it does not answer your question directly, but I thought I'd mention my opinion of Prepar3d 2.5