Scenery KSNA from LatinVFR

par2005

Scenery KSNA from LatinVFR

Post by par2005 »

I recently pulled a trigger and bought this scenery from LatinVFR. This is the first scenery I bought so I am not an expert to compare it to anything else.

Considering so many flights happen in KSNA I hope to see this scenery over and over again so it should pay for itself.

My impressions: first of all, this scenery fixes all the changes with KSNA. Runways became 20L and 20R (Atis recognizes it too), twy Golf became a proper Hotel, and by comparing my position with PE map, it overlays everything ideally. So overall really satisfied, looks great, and it does feel like a proper airport now, with lot's of aircraft parked, and the brownish ground everywhere (you can check how it looks in the real life on youtube). Some new sounds when driving over some parts of the twy, which is a bonus. I also did not experience any frame rate drop.

The one issue which I have with it though is if I turn away from the airport, and then turn back into it, the buildings are black for a moment, and then after a sec they're redrawn, and everything looks good (this only happens when in the air). I am working with developers to resolve this issue. It's a minor nuance for me.

I also know they have KSAN done, might think about it after I move to bigger birds and IFR world.

hoser70

Re: Scenery KSNA from LatinVFR

Post by hoser70 »

Nothing the developers can do... that's just the sim itself drawing complex scenery. There is a setting you cn try to reduce it though. I'll hve to check on what that change is when I get home.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
gavink42

Post by gavink42 »

Yeah... I have both SNA and SAN from LatinVFR. Wish that didn't happen, but it does on both sets of scenery. I don't think it's limited to that developer though... I've seen similar effects in other places.I figure that one day, either Lockheed-Martin or the developers will figure it out.
- PP ASEL, instrument, complex, high performance
- Member AOPA, EAA, IMC Club, Piper Owner Society
- Cherokee 180C owner
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

gavink42 wrote:Yeah... I have both SNA and SAN from LatinVFR. Wish that didn't happen, but it does on both sets of scenery. I don't think it's limited to that developer though... I've seen similar effects in other places.I figure that one day, either Lockheed-Martin or the developers will figure it out.

Happens To me with nearly all complex scenery including FSDT and Flightbeam.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

FSX tuning is a bit of a dark art, but I found a setting somewhere that appears to have helped my system with the issue you guys are discussing.

In the fsx.cfg file, which is located in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

At the end of the [DISPLAY] section, add
TEXTUREMAXLOAD=30

Note that this is different than TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD, which shouldn't be tinkered with.

Again, your mileage may vary but it helped me. For more information, you can search the web for "fsx TEXTUREMAXLOAD".
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
par2005

Post by par2005 »

Did try setting it to 30 - maybe helped a little bit, but it's still happening.