PTT Button assign on yoke?

Dave215

PTT Button assign on yoke?

Post by Dave215 »

Hi,

I am new at PE and would like to know how I can assign the PTT to my yoke?
If i try to assign the PTT in options from PE there is no response !

And I have also problems to assign the sound Hardware under PE Options.
I would like to use the speakers as main Sound and the Headset for communicate with the ATC.

pls help

regards
Dave
stealthbob

Re: PTT Button assign on yoke?

Post by stealthbob »

I may not be able to directly help but someone who could would need to know the sim version you are using...

For example I set the PTT button in the XPlane buttons setup page...I then selected the headphones in the PE settings and it just worked after that.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

I'm an XP user, so I can't help much. I would recommend visiting the Pilotedge homepage's "getting started" area for more sim-specific information. I would also advise including how you assigned the PTT key, as that would help P3D people troubleshoot :)

http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-msfs

Edit - Upon more searching..... I couldn't find anything for P3D; I know Keith uses (at used to) a headset and plays all audio through speakers, but I don't think that is really what you're looking for. If you could find out how he did that, you might be able to find a way to split the audio signals.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3349

Edit #2 - Actually, found this thing on the XP forums, although not sure if it'll work on ESP engines. Might be worth a shot if you're willing to put in the work.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=77196
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

you can use fsuipc to trigger the ptt. the registered version let's you map a joystick button to any fsuipc function.

alternatively, your joystick might come with software to map a button to a key press.

to spilt the audio, you can set the speakers to the default device and the headset to the default communications device, or you can set the playback device in the pilotedge software explicitly.
Dave215

Post by Dave215 »

Thanks all for your help and sevice !!

It works now.

regards
Dave
MervA

Post by MervA »

How are ya doing Dave, PTT all sorted out ? If not I'll run through it with you. (Win7)

Sound, simply select your headset in the sound config panel in windows right click on it and set it to " Set as default communications device".
Next time you start the PE Client you should have sound now streamed through your headset. One other way which I use is to start the PE Client
click on [Start][Options][Voice Tab] then if your headset is already selected in the [Output Device] dropdown box, reselect it and click [Apply].
But if done this way you'll have to do this every startup.

Cya!

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor