[P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Flying Penguin

[P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Post by Flying Penguin »

**Cross Posted From FSX Forum**

Hi All,

I've created model matching and related files for MyTraffic 6, they are available at the below link if anyone is interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lps52u9ndl627 ... g.rar?dl=0 [Updated 16 Nov 2017]

Update: Corrected a few unwanted amphibians and split out helicopter matching to make civil helicopters match civil ones and military to match as military ones

INSTALLATION (FSX)

[1] You must have MyTraffic 6 and the Pilotedge client installed and working correctly.

[2] Copy all the folders in [MyTraffic Installation Directory]\Aircraft

[3] Paste them all into your Prepar3D/FSX folder under [P3D/FSX Installation Directory]\SimObjects\Aircraft

[4] Download the zip file in the link above

[5] Unzip "pmt6.smx" and place it in ..\Pilotedge\aircraft folder.

[6] Unzip "related.txt" and place it in ..\Pilotedge\ folder.

[7] Start the PE client, click on "Start", select "Options", click on the Multiplayer Tab

[8] Click on "My Traffic 6 FSX Models" to highlight it, then using the Move Up button move it to the top.

SCOPE
This includes all aircraft models and liveries in MyTraffic 6 that are recognised by the "airlines.txt" or "equipment.txt" files, for a total of 3010 unique liveries and catch-all liveries for 175 types. As there are a large number of types which were previously not present and therefore matched to other types, I have produced a matching "related.txt" file to improve the quality of the substitutions.

Note for P3D users: As P3D doesn't have a C172 model, I have substituted the C150. To remove this, simply open up "pmt6.smd" and modify the 8th line.

SWAPPING LIVERIES
In order to simplify livery swapping, I have left all 9600 liveries in the matching file with those not in use commented out. If you want to swap a livery, open up "pmt6.smd", scroll down to Part 3 and you will find a list of all liveries, sorted by aircraft type then airline code. Find the aircraft and airline you are interested in and simply comment out the active livery with a semicolon at the start of the line and remove the semicolon from the start of the line containing the livery you want to see.

There is a comment after each matching record to explain whether it is included or not and why.

If anyone notices any oddities, let me know and I will have a look.

Kind regards,

Jamie D
Last edited by Flying Penguin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flying Penguin

Re: [P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Post by Flying Penguin »

Edited to update link to working file.
Vaillant

Post by Vaillant »

Hello Jamie,

I'm getting an error when launching P3D:
There are multiple objects with the same title name.
They must have unique title names.

Exemple:
A319 MyPaint62
F:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\A319MX

I believe that is because P3D recognized the MyTraffic's aircrafts and the copy in simobjects.

Any idea how to resolve that?
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Vaillant wrote:Hello Jamie,

I'm getting an error when launching P3D:
There are multiple objects with the same title name.
They must have unique title names.

Exemple:
A319 MyPaint62
F:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\A319MX

I believe that is because P3D recognized the MyTraffic's aircrafts and the copy in simobjects.

Any idea how to resolve that?
Hi Vaillant,

Odd, not had that happen to me, though when I moved to V3 I didn't bother installing MT6, I just moved the aircraft folders. I would suggest copying the MyTraffic folder versions into another folder (so they are not found by P3D) and then try. I suspect that MT6 doesn't really care whether the aircraft are in the MT6 folder or in the SimObjects folder as it will be P3D that loads them rather than MT6. IIRC the route information is not in the aircraft folder, therefore in theory it should have no impact on MT6.

Though if you aren't using MT6 for the traffic generation function, you could always uninstall it.
Vaillant

Post by Vaillant »

Hello Jamie

I ended up removing the entry about Mytraffic6 in simobjects.cfg and I think it did the trick.
I'm not sure if I will need MyTraffic6 but we will see.

Thank you for the reply.
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Link updated due to DropBox silliness :)