PE transponder switching it self to standby

emaruchi

PE transponder switching it self to standby

Post by emaruchi »

Hello,
I have encountered an issue with the PE Transponder. It automatically turns itself to standby right after touchdown at John-Wayne and I can't switch it back to normal unless I restart PE. I've just installed FSXFlight along with the LatinVFR KSNA scenery, so I'm suspecting that it might be caused by one of the addons.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks,
T.
Keith Smith

Re: PE transponder switching it self to standby

Post by Keith Smith »

does the plane that you're flying having a transponder which squawks normal and standby based on the movement of the aircraft?
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

From the callsign it looks like you're are flying the F1 B200, which automatically switches to GND upon landing, which makes is appear the same as STBY on the network.
Its not the PE Transponder at all.

I had the same problem (as I also fly the F1 B200.)

I ended up writing a couple of lua scripts that execute upon loading the aircraft that intercept these writes, so the switch to GND (STBY) is no longer "automatically" sent to the PE XPNDR, and instead can manually squawk Mode-C (ALT) or GND(STBY) by keystroke/buttons.

Would be happy to share these with you if need be. This approach does require that you have the registered version of FSUIPC installed.

Don
emaruchi

Post by emaruchi »

Hi Keith and Don,
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, the F1 BE20 does switch it's transponder to GND automatically after touch down. I've never noticed the problem until the other day a controller asked me to switch to mode-C when I was landing, which was the day I had my addons installed. Guess I got confused there.
Donovan wrote:From the callsign it looks like you're are flying the F1 B200, which automatically switches to GND upon landing, which makes is appear the same as STBY on the network.
Its not the PE Transponder at all.

I had the same problem (as I also fly the F1 B200.)

I ended up writing a couple of lua scripts that execute upon loading the aircraft that intercept these writes, so the switch to GND (STBY) is no longer "automatically" sent to the PE XPNDR, and instead can manually squawk Mode-C (ALT) or GND(STBY) by keystroke/buttons.

Would be happy to share these with you if need be. This approach does require that you have the registered version of FSUIPC installed.

Don
And thanks to Don. I would really appreciate the help with the lua script you mentioned (BTW, I don't have much knowledge of writing scripts).
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

I'd be glad to zip them up and leave them on dropbox, with instructions on how to implement them. Heading off to work now but if you will PM me your email, I'll send you a link tonight.

Don
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Sent you the link. Let me know if any questions.

Don