Prepar3D v3 Being Released

Naltron

Re: Prepar3D v3 Being Released

Post by Naltron »

I have Orbx Global / Vector and OpenCL.. when using Global no big deal. when i put down Vector. kinda laggy not that big of a deal either. but when i put down OpenCL all hell breaks lose... Ill admit my computer its outdated. i5, 8gb ram, dual 560ti 2gb each.. but yeah. crazy performance hit.. I've had to lower prity much everything to minimun.. and plan on getting a G980 and new i7 soon. 8gb of ram i still think its sufficient. the more money I invest on sims the more I want to invest its crazy I've only been a simer for like 1 month haha.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I would wait for updated installers from ORBX. They have released Global, PNW and the ORBXLibs so far. I have done that and had no OOM issues flying from KLAX-KSEA. My VAS never got about 3.06GB.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
RobdeVries

Post by RobdeVries »

Any news on the P3Dv3 compatible installer of the PE client?

Thanks very much,
Rob de Vries
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

I have P3D 2 installed and when I start P3D v3 I just open the client I used for v2 and everything seems normal and working
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I am having trouble communicating with ATC with v3. Also the transponder window doesn't work so I don't know if I'm not transmitting or what. I will wait for the v3 installer.

John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

RobdeVries wrote:Any news on the P3Dv3 compatible installer of the PE client?

Thanks very much,
Rob de Vries

I finally got the dev machine fully up and running (the process was _brutal_). I'm back on the P3D v3 installer today, shouldn't be long.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

I want to be crystal clear. I am installing a fresh installation of P3Dv3 on my system. No trace of any other version of P3D will be on it except version3. Will it be safe to install the pilotedge client now?

Justin
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

Just thought I would give some feedback on my experiences. I have done a system upgrade so did a complete reinstall of P3D with the new P3D V3. Installed the PE client and it worked like a charm today. No issues what so ever. And that is without any trace of the old V2.5 on my system.
Normal call sign: N8295L or TPX
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Here is the beta release of the installer: http://assets.pilotedge.net/clients/msf ... _p3dv3.exe

This will detect V3 as the top priority, if it doesn't find that, then it'll search for V2.

So, to be clear, if you have P3D V3 and V2 installed at the same time, and you run this installer, it'll only modify the dll.xml for V3, and it'll only install the additional model sets in the V3 folder. I figure this is a reasonable default for those that have both V2 and V3 installed. It would've been a more significant change to the installer to have it support simultaneous V2 and V3 installations.
snglecoil

Post by snglecoil »

Thanks, Keith. Fresh install of P3D3 and the installer worked as expected.
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT