Client install problem

awreaper

Client install problem

Post by awreaper »

I am running P3d 3.0 on Win 10. I downloaded the P3D client and installed it. I am running PE and P3d on the same computer. It seems to install fine but it does not put an icon on the desktop. When I browse out to the install folder and locate the .exe file for the P3D version I get a side by side config error when I launch it. I reinstalled PE as administrator and even tried compatibility mode. Thanks in advance for the help.
awreaper

Re: Client install problem

Post by awreaper »

Keith suggested I run the SimConnect application again. This is the one located in the PE folder. That did the trick.
MervA

Re: Client install problem

Post by MervA »

Just as " awreaper" said, go to your pilotedge install folder and run the simconnect.msi file, this will fix the " Side by Side " error, then rightclick on pilotedge_p3d.exe and select [Send to] and highlight " Desktop create shortcut " that will get you a desktop icon, now go to Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes and check to see if squawkbox and vip folders where created during the install.

Cya !!

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor