Shared Cockpit Proper Procedures

manawar

Shared Cockpit Proper Procedures

Post by manawar »

I am new to the Pilotedge community and it’s a fantastic find. A few friends of mine are also new to the community and we are within our free trial test phase (We all are using Prepared3d V3). We love everything about Pilotedge although we are having a few issues with the shared cockpit feature (Our group utilizes shared cockpit heavily). I am assuming that Pilotedge fully supports shared cockpit simulation within Prepared3d V3. Let me first state that I did my best to find solutions to our issues within the forums however I was unsuccessful. If the answers were in fact already address I apologize in advance.

We successfully made our connection into pilot edge in shared cockpit mode with the RealAir Turbine Duke V2 without issue. We achieved this by connecting to each other via multiplayer within Prepared3d and once the both of us were inside the cockpit and connected we then both independently connected to Pilotedge with our tail number. The pilot (me) had the tail number and the person in copilot mode had the same tail number with an @ at the end. I was pilot flying and had a copilot whose main duty was to work the radio comms. When the copilot radioed the tower I could not hear his voice, however I had no problem hearing ATC. Does anyone have a solution to that issue? :?:

In short is there some sort of workflow that we should be using that would include check list of best practice. Items such as, certain options that should be checked, or configurations changes that would allow us to have the best shared cockpit experience within Pilotedge?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Manawar
Founder / Wing Commander
104th Phoenix VFBS
http://www.104thphoenix.com
ridikamus

Re: Shared Cockpit Proper Procedures

Post by ridikamus »

You got the hard part about using the @ symbol in the callsign right, but there's a follow-up from Keith that reads:
Keith Smith wrote: It's assumed that you'll be using a VOIP system such as Skype or Teamspeak to communicate with each other in real time throughout the flight, so you'll hear the other guy's calls on Skype or Teamspeak. That's why I suppress the audio from the other guy's calls, otherwise you'd hear it twice, once through your virtual intercom (skype/ts3) and then again through the PE radio.
See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1817#p24634 for the full thread.
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
manawar

Re: Shared Cockpit Proper Procedures

Post by manawar »

DavidC wrote:You got the hard part about using the @ symbol in the callsign right, but there's a follow-up from Keith that reads:
Keith Smith wrote: It's assumed that you'll be using a VOIP system such as Skype or Teamspeak to communicate with each other in real time throughout the flight, so you'll hear the other guy's calls on Skype or Teamspeak. That's why I suppress the audio from the other guy's calls, otherwise you'd hear it twice, once through your virtual intercom (skype/ts3) and then again through the PE radio.
See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1817#p24634 for the full thread.

Thank you for your clarification. We were not certain that this was by design or not and though that our implementation was incorrect. We adjusted by disabling our Skype mute when our push to talk button was engaged and it works just fine. :D

Thanks again!