No other planes visible

Turner

No other planes visible

Post by Turner »

Hi all,

I remember reading somewhere about checking one of the P3D to ensure all the planes included in the software were active, and they are, except I can't see anyone else.

Is there a guide or troubleshooting tips somewhere?

thanks,
Andrew
BFG

Re: No other planes visible

Post by BFG »

You're not seeing other PE pilots and PE drones, or AI traffic, or both?
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hi BFG - nothing except my own plane.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

I was flying today and there was traffic called out crossing the taxiway while I was holding short. I fly FSX and I use the labels for altitude and to aid in picking up traffic and the label taxied by... I have never noticed not seeing an actual airplane but today it was invisible, nothing, phantom traffic. Usually I see a model that may not be representative of the actual traffic depending on the type but this was simply invisible and I didn't just miss it, it was right in front of me taxiing. Has there been some kind of change?
Bruce
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
Turner

Post by Turner »

ACTUALLY... I saw a small jet at John Wayne that was taxiing on the other side of the airport, and took off just before me.

I was advised about traffic as he passed me overhead once I was enroute and saw him again.

So, that was great. I'll keep my eyes open to see if I run into any further issues.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Its possible there is an altitude discrepancy with your aircraft an the others. A good test is to load up at KAVX and have a look around. There's all sorts of stuff going on all around the island.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Ahh... That makes sense Marcus. Maybe an FSX to P3D and scenery alt difference. It might have been you controlling, the GND controller said it might be scenery difference. Thx!
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
BFG

Post by BFG »

Keep your eyes peeled. Unless you have labels traffic in the air can be quite hard to see. GA aircraft are much smaller than airliners. I nearly always have difficulty picking out traffic in flight unless the labels are on. And the military jets are nearly impossible to see from above unless your eyes are really sharp.
Turner

Post by Turner »

BFG wrote:Keep your eyes peeled. Unless you have labels traffic in the air can be quite hard to see. GA aircraft are much smaller than airliners. I nearly always have difficulty picking out traffic in flight unless the labels are on. And the military jets are nearly impossible to see from above unless your eyes are really sharp.
True, hard to see in the air.

Taxiing right past you, on the other hand.... ;)

Will be on the system again today. Might put down at a busy spot just to see if the other craft show up properly.
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hi all,

Still having mixed luck seeing other aircraft... some I see, some I don't.

Was going to pop into a focus airport and try to figure out what I see and what I'm not seeing. I do understand that there may be some altitude differences between the various sims.

Side question: Besides P3D (v 2.3), I also have and use X-Plane 10 (and FSX).

Is it easier (or more reliable) to set up X-Plane to see other craft?

thanks,
Andrew