petrans dll prevents P3D from starting up

Firstinflight

petrans dll prevents P3D from starting up

Post by Firstinflight »

Hello.

A little hesitant to even post this issue... after years of using PE. I now have issues having it start up on the flight sim PC.
Have spent a few days trying to fix it, cant get it to work.

Here is the situation -
a) I run PE and P3D on different computers.
b) PE client has been running for many years and nothing has changed on that PC.
c) I had to reinstall the OS and P3D on the main flight sim PC last week.
d) P3D runs fine now - no errors/issues
e) Installed PE on the main flight sim PC - chose the option "this PC will run flight sim only"
f) I see the PE folder in the Program Files and the folder has the two PE DLLs
g) In P3D dll.xml in the AppData/Roaming folder, I find the petrans.dll addition.

So all good till now.

Now I run P3D. P3D hangs on the splash screen.
I edit the dll.xml file and turn on Manual Load for ALL modules in dll.xml.
The boot up runs till it prompts me to load petrans.dll. When I say yes, start up hangs. The hour glass continues to churn and it does not prompt me for the next item in dll.XML.

If I say 'no' to petrans.dll, the startup continues to the next item in dll.xml and the successfully completes.

I even downloaded the pesetup.exe installer again and tried installing again. No change.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
CPJ
Firstinflight

Re: petrans dll prevents P3D from starting up

Post by Firstinflight »

Forgot to mention -
I am running Windows 7 Professional.

CPJ
Firstinflight

Re: petrans dll prevents P3D from starting up

Post by Firstinflight »

Have spent quite a bit of time trying to find an answer to this situation. No luck.
My theory at this point is that when a PC has prior installs of fsx and/or other software over the years, the requisite VC++ redistributables and .NET versions are all available. Hence the dependancies are all met.
On a fresh install of Win 7, may of these dependancies don't exist and thats why petrans10.dll does not successfully load. It does surprise me that there arent any errors that show up. P3D v3.4 just hangs.
I have no idea of what petrans10.dll expects as dependancies.
The odd thing is that peaicontrol10.dll loads just fine. Hence its not a permissions issue.

The same version of petrans10.dll worked fine till I had to clean install the OS and the pop-up xpndr would launch successfully. Of course, till that time, I had P3d v3.3 installed.

Does anyone have petrans10.dll loading successfully on P3D 3.4?

CPJ