P3D V4 support coming soon

Keith Smith

P3D V4 support coming soon

Post by Keith Smith »

I have this working in development, so it'll work for existing installations. Next step is to make sure the installer detects P3D V4.
Kilstorm

Re: P3D V4 support coming soon

Post by Kilstorm »

I'm getting an error that my simconnect is not allowing it to detect the sim after installing the client for P3Dv4. What am I doing wrong?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Kilstorm wrote:I'm getting an error that my simconnect is not allowing it to detect the sim after installing the client for P3Dv4. What am I doing wrong?
It's my fault. The issue is that the pilotedge_p3d.exe file in the new distribution is still the old one (you can check by going to start->help->about and seeing that it's v1.0.2).

That's fixed in the new pesetup.exe that's on the web site, OR you can fix it by just copying the pilotedge_fsx.exe file right over the pilotedge_p3d.exe file (they're actually the same file, we just use different filenames to trigger certain functionality in the app).
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

fixed version of V1.0.3 is available on the web the site as of 20 mins prior to the this post.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Up and running and with that, one more addon gets scratched off the v4 must have list which is quickly shrinking!
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Thanks for this much appreciated. I'm just switching to P3D v4 from FSX. Installed the latest client, currently sat at KSBP listening to the radios so I know it's all working.

Two questions - I don't have the Pilotedge widget control on screen which enables me to see which COM radio I'm communicating and receiving on + the handy ident?

I could be wrong but until the paid version of FSUIPC is released I can't bind a button on my yoke for push to talk? In FSX I did this via the PTT Transmit function.

Thanks
Sid
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The pop-up transponder isn't support in P3D v4 at all since P3D v4 is 64-bit and our app is 32-bit. That won't be changing any time soon. Additionally, that app was really only created because the stock 172 in FSX didn't have a working transponder Mode C switch. Since P3D doesn't have that issue, the pop-up window isn't really needed. When I get a chance, I'll be testing the native transponder mode C selectors to see if they're working.

FSUIPC v5 should be coming soon, but in the mean time, you can either use a key on the keyboard to trigger a keypress, or use one of the utilities that ship with most joysticks to map a yoke button press to a keyboard press.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Awesome thanks Keith