2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

sidfadc

2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

Post by sidfadc »

Flying as SWA2907 the other night on the go around at KSAN and just now as N2907G on the LOC 25 app into Hawthorne. Apologies to the controllers, its really frustrating on my part because sometimes the PE client is still running and the controllers are calling me which adds to their workload.

I'm using P3Dv4...need to troubleshoot I guess.

So once again apologies.

Thanks
Sid
Dean33

Re: 2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

Post by Dean33 »

Sid
Have you got auto save running on FSUIPC?
It won't help if your flying a busy approach but I've found it useful to get back in location within a minute or so when out at cruise level
Dean33

UK P3DV4 Simmer
Pilotedge - I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (average 3.4mhz). GTX 1070 8mb, 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

I've been struggling with this for the past month now. VERY frustrating, particularly when half way through a CAT rating or in the arrival phase of a flight.

Keith posted this on Discord a few days ago:
"Got some good feedback from that user. His problem went away when he renamed the pilotedge\aircraft\vip.sms and sb.sms files to .bak extensions (ie, the took the VIP and Squawkbox model sets out of play). Something about those models is not playing well with P3D V4."

so, I'm going to try that tonight and see what happens. I'm assuming the other planes on the network won't be visible after this mod, but that's ok for now.
Brian Andonian
R/W: SEL, Commercial, CFI (expired)
Flight sim: Lancair Legacy, Turbine Duke N723BA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Aviatorbja wrote:so, I'm going to try that tonight and see what happens. I'm assuming the other planes on the network won't be visible after this mod, but that's ok for now.
Incorrect, it'll just mean there's a more limited set of visual models for the sim to choose from.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Also, I moved this to the P3D forum since it's 100% specific to P3D. Please use the most specific forum available for your posts, otherwise the value of the forums is diminished.
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

Keith Smith wrote:
Aviatorbja wrote:so, I'm going to try that tonight and see what happens. I'm assuming the other planes on the network won't be visible after this mod, but that's ok for now.
Incorrect, it'll just mean there's a more limited set of visual models for the sim to choose from.
Excellent. If this fixes the P3D v4 crash issue, I'll be VERY happy. Thank you.

Also, good seeing you at KOSH last week. Great event as always. PPC was top notch!!
Brian Andonian
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

I've had this happened on three CAT-ratings now. :(
Any reports on whether the suggested fix above helped? Just stumbled upon this post, so I will try it of course, just thought to hear if anyone had any input?
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

Aviatorbja wrote: "Got some good feedback from that user. His problem went away when he renamed the pilotedge\aircraft\vip.sms and sb.sms files to .bak extensions (ie, the took the VIP and Squawkbox model sets out of play). Something about those models is not playing well with P3D V4."
I don't have a file named sb.sms. I assume it is the sbx.sms file that is referred to?
crum

Post by crum »

Same here - multiple crashes of P3Dv4, but I'm not quite sure if it is PE client related.
Will try to disable vip/sb AI models and see if it helps.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

Renaming VIP.sms and SBX.sms to *.bak seems to work. So far so good. I've flown three 50 minute flights in A2A T6, Skylane, and the Carenado A36 on PE without issues.
Brian Andonian