2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

crum

Re: 2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

Post by crum »

And again here is the same - no crashes since removing VIP.sms and SBX.sms.
Artem Crum
EASA PPL(A) SEL, not current
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Hi guys

After some investigation I believe my last crash was due to the newly released GTN750. Flight1 have since patched the unit but tonight is my first attempt at flying on the network post patch and its got worse...everytime I try and connect to the network ie hit the connect button my sim just closes down? I'm trying to load up from KAVX to test out my new ORBX scenery.

Further info...this afternoon I installed the Global AI Ships package and some users suggested there was a conflict with certain boats in the LAX area due to them being fs9 models which is incompatible with v4. I manually deleted these from the simobjects folder as instructed. I'm not sure if I'm barking up the right tree here though because the sim does load without issue it just crashes to desktop when I hit the connect button on the PE client.

Anyone else using P3Dv4 with the Global Ships AI package installed? Or is there an issue with ORBX KAVX > PE > P3Dv4?

EDIT: the plot thickens, just connected to the network at KSNA no problems hmmm......
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sidfadc, did you take the VIP.sms and SB.sms model sets out of play as recommended earlier in the thread?
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

I should probably report back. I still had the crashes after renaming those files, though I actually could repeat them even without being logged on to PE, which made things a little simple. I then went through a lengthy process of uninstalling each add-on, one by one. Still couldn't figure out which one caused the crash, so I just uninstalled P3D completely and did a full re-install, testing again after installing each add-on, but the crash never re-appeared. So now I'm flying with my A2A C182, with all the OrbX sceneries and ASP4, ASCA, ChasePlane etc with no crashes for several flights now. I have still renamed the sms-files, so I now have a bunch of Bonanzas flying at very high speeds at low altitude. :/ But at leats it doesn't crash anymore! :)

(I still have no idea what caused it from the start unfortunately)
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Keith Smith wrote:sidfadc, did you take the VIP.sms and SB.sms model sets out of play as recommended earlier in the thread?
Not yet Keith will give that a go and let you know. I created a thread on the orbx forum and having been getting some support to help. Tried a few or their suggestions like renaming various BGLs but no luck yet. I have subscribed to the objectflow 2 BETA program as well which has meant quite a lot of users are seeing CTDs which they are supporting users with. So ill try and rename those files and see what happens, difficult to say where the fault lies at the minute.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Ok I can confirm renaming both sbx and vip.sms has resolved the CTD connecting to PE at KAVX. Funny thing is now all the helicopters are shown in the sim as a single engine piston? What exactly is the side affect of removing those two files? In addition is this purely a conflict with P3Dv4? and finally why does it mean my sim only crashes when connecting to the PE network at ORBX KAVX? It doesn't crash anywhere else, or at least I've tried a bunch of airports in the Socal and WUS region and no crashes whatsoever...

Thanks for the help so far...
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Seems like a serious conflict with P3Dv4 affecting other users as well. Can we expect a solution?

Thanks
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

And does anyone have any suggestions for alternate models to install and manually map via sms-files? After removing the VIP.sms and SB.sms almost all aircrafts appear as A36 Bonanzas. :(
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Hi guys,

The sim crashed again last night coming into LAX on the HLYWD1 arrival, this is getting really frustrating now! The sim just "froze" this time. Since switching to P3Dv4 I can't remember the last time I completed a flight without an issue. If I fly off the network I never get a crash so I don't believe its my setup per se.

I have another random issue with the client itself. Sometimes my FPS will drop by 50%, when I try and access the client it is "not responding". If I kill the client via task manager and reconnect my FPS comes back, this happened the other night flying out of KSEA. This isn't as bad as a freeze because it means I can carry on flying, but annoying nonetheless.

Relating to my previous post about renaming sbx and vip.sms...this only appears to cause a problem if I load up at KAVX which result in an instant disconnect. If I keep those files intact and logon to the network from anywhere else I don't have a disconnect but I am suffering from random freezes around the SoCal region. Hmmmm. I would rather not rename those files at all because all other aircraft appears as single engine pistons!

I'm beginning to think there is a fundamental issue with PE and P3Dv4??

I need some help please. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sid
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Same issues as sidfadc. In addition to CTD at KAVX, I was at KSNA this morning in P3Dv4 with taxiing PE traffic all around me but invisible. Disabling the vip.sms & sb.sms at least lets P3Dv4 users see other PE traffic albeit in strange models. But now if I want to fly FSX I have to re-enable those files to get the additional models?
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB