2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

bbuckley

Re: 2 sim crashes in last 3 flights

Post by bbuckley »

BTW, I should add that I don't see this as a PE Client issue. It's the squawkbox and vip models that are incompatible with P3Dv4. They are probably FS9 models. In any event I may get Ultimate Traffic Live just for the models. I have read they are v4 compatible but I'm unsure of how to get those models to work for both FSX and v4. Put them into the PE.smx and .smd files? Anyone have experience with this UTL?
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

See this thread here...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7384

I'm having the freezing sim and disconnecting client with the stock models and using the above hack. I also use UT live. To be honest PE hasn't been stable for me since switching to P3Dv4 even before I bought UT live.

It happened again last night, on final into KSFO my FPS plummeted into the low teens, the sim startered to stutter. When I clicked on the client it said not responding. Killing the client through task manager restored my FPS but obviously disconnected me from the network.

Something different happened trying to reconnect after killing the task, I saw this error when I tried to reconnect...had to try it a few times before it let me log back on.

Very very frustrating...I need to do more troubleshooting but my time is limited at the moment.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Another lockup last night on turning final into KSEA after a flight from KJAC!!! Grrrr....

Sorry Marcus who was controlling at the time.

At the end of my tether now really. Had no issues on FSX SE like this.