Setting Up Traffic Properly in P3D V4

chopowski

Setting Up Traffic Properly in P3D V4

Post by chopowski »

Hi there

How can I setup P3d so that the traffic I see when logged into Pilotedge matches the traffic ATC is talking too?

For example tonight I watched a C172 land at KSBP. It was supposed to be a C172 but my sim shows it as Carenado Bonanza.

Thanks, Russ
chopowski

Re: Setting Up Traffic Properly in P3D V4

Post by chopowski »

To add to this I often have the auto-gen traffic departing or landing in the opposite direction to that traffic flow that Pilotedge gives me.

Any guidance on getting the traffic setup correctly would be appreciated.

Thanks, Russ
MervA

Post by MervA »

Most likely problem to this is that you have no C172 available in your ..\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory, so is wasn't able
to resolve the C172 and used one of the related models available.

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
chopowski

Post by chopowski »

Noted regarding the \Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory. Is there a list or post that outlines how to setup the AI traffic for P3D to make the planes match the traffic in P3D? I am not sure how and which files to update.

The second question remains, how do I ensure the AI traffic in my sim matches PE AI traffic? For example, at many airports, I have AI traffic taking off in the opposite direction to which PE ATC advises me to depart. I would really like to know how to fix that.

Thanks