PE Client Model Set for ORBX GA Aircraft [P3D]

ChuckOman

Re: PE Client Model Set for ORBX GA Aircraft [P3D]

Post by ChuckOman »

Thanks Merv - sensible approach - will give it a try.

BTW assume you are seeing B58 GA traffic at KNZJ with your P3D4 traffic sliders set to zero, and that your utl_client.exe is running, but commercial and GA UTL traffic set to zero, right ?

Chuck
MervA

Post by MervA »

Yes, I do see the BE58 from the ORBX GA Model flying around El Toro.

If you wish, you can use the UT Live client with the Airline slider only set to whatever 50% maybe, then in the Prepr3Dv4.1 traffic section
have the GA slider only, set to similar, in that way you will get airlines from UTLive, and GA traffic from the default sim aircraft, and I believe if you then connect
online you will also get online traffic, but I don't use anything but the PE Client while online with no labels, so I can't confirm all three scenario's working together,
but the first two will.

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

I also prefer to fly on PE with just the PE client traffic.

But just wanted to confirm that when you are using the PE client this way, it works even though the utl_client.exe is running concurrently (albeit with both UTLive traffic level settings =0), and the P3D4 AI traffic sliders also set to zero. (i.e. that the PE client is injecting online traffic independently of utl_client.exe and the P3D4 AI traffic system).

When I do see PE online traffic, it is always labeled "Ultimate Traffic Live", and the labels only appear when the traffic is in the air. Makes me suspect that on my system the utl_client.exe is somehow intercepting the PE client online traffic....

Chuck
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Hi Merv - Did the El Toro test, starting with just pe.smd. Discovered the problem was the ftx.smd file. I see the B350 traffic when I have the pe.smd, vip.sms and utl.smd files in the PE Client. Makes no difference what priority I assign to the ftx.smd model set. Not clear why the ftx.smd is causing probs...I think I installed the P3D3 models as a p3D4 add-on correctly. But at least now I have some GA traffic.

Many thanks

Chuck
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Is this procedure no longer applicable in the PE Client v1.0.6? Can I delete the former \ProgramFiles(x86)\PilotEdge\Aircraft folder? I installed v1.0.6 to the E:\ SSD where P3D also lives. It appears the new client scans the computer and finds models. Under Model Matching I see everything in SimObjects (includes the FTX aircraft), another entry for the UTL aircraft and a 3rd for an addon aircraft that has models outside of SimObjects. I haven't flown enough of P3Dv4.4 and the v1.0.6 PE to see too much traffic.
Thanks
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Yes, no longer applicable with the new PE Pilot Client. I think things are much simpler now, and Keith's new client also clamps the ground elevation so people who fly with different scenery no longer appear as landsharks or floaters...
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Thanks!
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB