P3d v4 CTD... !

pkofman

P3d v4 CTD... !

Post by pkofman »

Last night I was flying online ( p3dv4 w10x64) . Flight was an IFR plan from KSBA > KONT @ 5000 ft when I was assaulted by my computer with a rude CTD! It came out of nowhere. I included the flight details as someone might recognize a detail above that would trigger the ctd. At the moment of the ctd I think i was in the middle of a voice transmission. ( i dont really recall)

Anyway, the controller was helpful and working with me at the time ( thank you!) and would have received no response from my end. Im sure this happens often but I dont think this ever happened to me with v3.

Anything one can recommend for p3dv4 setup.

( BTW i run the client and the P3dv4 as admin )

Thoughts?

Peter
Peter Kofman
Real World Pilot
1000hrs
VFR VFROTT IFR
Canadian Pilot
Night and Water./FLOATS AMPHIB..
Mooney BRAVO TLS M20M
Ryan B

Re: P3d v4 CTD... !

Post by Ryan B »

Have you tried temporarily renaming the SMS files ? It may be AI traffic models creating the issues. I haven't had a working internet for ever try searching the forum
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
pkofman

Post by pkofman »

Thank you , i have no idea how or what to change . ill search the forum'
thank you for the suggestion
Peter Kofman
Real World Pilot
1000hrs
VFR VFROTT IFR
Canadian Pilot
Mooney BRAVO TLS M20M
Aviatorbja

Post by Aviatorbja »

For me, the problem went away when I renamed the vip.sms and sbx.sms files to *.bak extensions. these files are found in the pilotedge\aircraft\ folder
since renaming these files, I've flown at least a dozen 1 hour flights on PE without any issues.

Something about those models is not playing well with P3D V4.
Brian Andonian
R/W: SEL, Commercial, CFI (expired)
Flight sim: Lancair Legacy, Turbine Duke N723BA
pkofman

Post by pkofman »

Excellent , and thank you for the advice. Ill try it and report back. FYI. i do not get CTD'd in p3dv3
Peter Kofman
Real World Pilot
1000hrs
VFR VFROTT IFR
Canadian Pilot
Mooney BRAVO TLS M20M
giltender

Post by giltender »

This solution works!! I’ve been battling these out of the blue CTD with no errors in the event log every flight. I blamed ORBX, chaseplane, carenado. Couldn’t recreate the crashes unless I was on pilotedge. Changed those names and 3 flights all clear. Does anyone know what those files do? I still seem to have AI aircraft buzzing around which is good.
MervA

Post by MervA »

Peter,

Check this thread, may help your dilemma.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7493

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Ths

Post by Ths »

Just wondering, what effect does it have renaming these files? Are no drones and other pilots shown? Have had the CDD's. Renamed the sbx file and got rid of the crashes, but still having loading stutters from time to time that I don't have when not flying on PE in the same area.