connecting to Mode C when connected

deansalman

connecting to Mode C when connected

Post by deansalman »

So not sure if when connecting it is good to be connected on standby However, with P3D mode C must be connected in order to have the transponder working. SOmetimes I forget to do this and when in the air I am asked to switch to mode C, little hard when busy with the plane Can a check box option be added fro P3D users that the Mode C is set when connecting to the network
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
Kyle.Sanders

Re: connecting to Mode C when connected

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (81.55 KiB) Viewed 3843 times
Make it part of your checklist... "Before Taxi" section would help.
Kyle Sanders
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

ok easy enough, using P3D you need to switch out of the P3D and go back in PE to set Mode C, otherwise there is no way to switch it. I have tried to use some tricks to do it from P3D but nothing works. One thing I think would work is switching using a Keyboard key, like push to talk. Indent has the same problem but SpadNext has a function for that which works.
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
jambo72nd

Post by jambo72nd »

if you have a registered version of FSUIPC then you can assign a button or key to the command: Xpndr On/mode C (sb4) and it will turn on the PE mode C on instead of using PE client. there is also a command for IDENT here as well but it doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately.

Xpndr On/mode C (sb4)= transponder to mode C
Xpndr Stby (sb4)= transponder to stby
Xpndr Ident (sb4)= Ident (currently doesn't work for me)