Comms Disturbance

jsg0813

Comms Disturbance

Post by jsg0813 »

Hi all,

I have been having issues with comms on PE as well as Vatsim. I am able to transmit with no issues as controllers can hear me but when receiving the voice cuts in and out making instructions unreadable. I have port forwarded my router as I run my system via wifi to internet. Also I have a Ps4 which is connected the same wifi and have no issues with it in terms of voice chat. I think this has something to do with my system but can not figure it out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
FlyElias

Re: Comms Disturbance

Post by FlyElias »

Similar problem, but they can't hear me. Did you figure it out?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

FlyElias wrote:Similar problem, but they can't hear me. Did you figure it out?
I assume you're using Wifi? Any chance you could hardwire into the ethernet port on your computer just to test that out? Additionally, check out speedtest.net just to make sure you're getting the internet speeds that you think you're getting, without some massive packet loss. It's very rare that users run into issues like this, so I'm not certain if there are any ports that need to be touched in your router settings. I suspect Keith would know more about that.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
MervA

Post by MervA »

I am able to transmit with no issues as controllers can hear me but when receiving the voice cuts in and out making instructions unreadable
That problem sounds very similar to the one in this thread. See third post from BBuckley.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8383#p54071
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor