P3D Crashing when departing KSAN

Rs3tier

P3D Crashing when departing KSAN

Post by Rs3tier »

Hi
I am new to Pilot Edge and had planned my first flight to be out of KSAN to KTUS.
I ran a couple of test flights offline to familiarise myself with the airports and procedures etc. and all went well.
The first time I connected to the network, everything was going well until I pushed back - just as I was getting ready to taxi I had a total P3D CTD.
I tried several more times over the next few days and every time I had a CTD somewhere in and around the push/taxi part of the flight.

Eventually I tried a flight on the network but outside of the controlled airspace (in Australia actually so along way outside the controlled area) and all went well.
So today I tried a flight from KTUS to KELP and again everything went fine - at least with the sim :)

I have the ORBX KSAN installed, so am wondering if that is the common denominator that is causing my issues. I will try uninstalling it and see if i can depart KSAN on the stock scenery.

So, after all this verbose background information, two things:

1.) My apologies to the controllers over the last few days where I just disappeared without warning. My sim is full size, so once I have a total crash it takes some time to get everything reset and running again which means I cant always get back online.

2.) Is there anyone running P3D v4 with ORBX KSAN installed and working?

Regards,
Rob
MervA

Re: P3D Crashing when departing KSAN

Post by MervA »

Sounds suspiciously like something I've seen before, try this.

Go into your ..\Pilotedge\aircraft\ directory and check to see if the file sbx.sms is there, if so, delete it.

Bye !!
Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Rs3tier

Re: P3D Crashing when departing KSAN

Post by Rs3tier »

Thanks for your input Merv.
sorry, I should have mentioned that I had been following that issue on the forums and had already tried deleting those files.

I have not got back to this yet but I will definitely try flying the route with stock KSAN scenery and see if I still get the problem.

Regards,
Rob