Audio Issues

Zimmerbz

Audio Issues

Post by Zimmerbz »

I have been having issues lately where the ATC sounds 5x5 and then gets extremely quiet. It comes in and out throughout the flight and I miss a lot of communication. Is this a known issue? I know it isn't my headphones because this only happens when on your network. Thanks!
Scott Medeiros

Re: Audio Issues

Post by Scott Medeiros »

In order to troubleshoot this, they'll need a little more info. When did this happen, are you using the latest client (P3D or X-plane?), which frequency were you on and what was your location and altitude? PE simulates frequency range, and the new X-plane client simulates the weakening of signal strength as you fly away from the transmitters or repeaters. This could be what is happening.
Zimmerbz

Post by Zimmerbz »

No problem..

I use the latest version of P3D. I am not 100% sure if I am using the latest client. Can you confirm what that version is? This has been on every one of my last flights and happen on the ground or in the air. I am not sure of the specific altitude, however.

Last night was LAS-SFO. It has happened on SFO-LAS, SLC-DEN, LAS-SLC
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

The current P3D client is v1.0.5, released last night. When you start your client it should prompt you to upgrade to the latest version. I'm not sure why it would be occurring on every flight on the ground and airborne. Try emailing support@pilotedge.net to tech support.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Zimmerbz wrote:No problem..

I use the latest version of P3D. I am not 100% sure if I am using the latest client. Can you confirm what that version is? This has been on every one of my last flights and happen on the ground or in the air. I am not sure of the specific altitude, however.

Last night was LAS-SFO. It has happened on SFO-LAS, SLC-DEN, LAS-SLC
Listen to the ATC recordings for the same period that you flew, on a separate device if possible. If the audio sounds the same (ie, it gets quiet in the middle of a transmission), then please post the URL to the recording and the timestamp where it occurs.

If it's only happening on your end in flight, then something is causing the volume to be decreased in real-time. Windows has a feature where it can reduce the volume of one device if another device is playing audio. That might be something to look into.

Changing versions of the PE software won't change much. It's either something that's happening in the controller's transmission, or it's happening on your end. Listening to the recording will help.
pkofman

Post by pkofman »

You probably already now this but check your Audio out setting ( bottom ) corner audio task bar in windows and bring up the device setting for your headset output and click properties . Make sure the reduce volume 80% function is turned off. ( w10) . Best of luck. I had a problem just like this and that was the fix
Peter Kofman
Real World Pilot
1000hrs
VFR VFROTT IFR
Canadian Pilot
Night and Water./FLOATS AMPHIB..
Mooney BRAVO TLS M20M