PE Client stops working

justinevans89

PE Client stops working

Post by justinevans89 »

Hello all,

I play P3Dv4.3 with dual monitors so my PE Client is running behind my P3D application, my issue here is I’ll be connected to PE and it never disconnects but for some reason if I don’t toggle the mic button let’s say after 2 minutes I will no longer receive voice from the controller.

I have gone to discord to ask for support there and got no response, now I’m coming here, paying for a service and seeing the lack of support from the staff so far is starting to push me away.
kullery

Re: PE Client stops working

Post by kullery »

Suggest that you try following the support procedures as explained here:

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/contact

If you are an existing PilotEdge customer and are having an operational or technical problem with the PilotEdge service, please email support@pilotedge.net.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Keith Smith

Re: PE Client stops working

Post by Keith Smith »

justinevans89 wrote:Hello all,

I play P3Dv4.3 with dual monitors so my PE Client is running behind my P3D application, my issue here is I’ll be connected to PE and it never disconnects but for some reason if I don’t toggle the mic button let’s say after 2 minutes I will no longer receive voice from the controller.

I have gone to discord to ask for support there and got no response, now I’m coming here, paying for a service and seeing the lack of support from the staff so far is starting to push me away.
Justin, this forum is more for peer to peer support. The only formal support we offer is via the support email address as Ken mentioned.

Regarding your specific issue, it sounds like a NAT or port forwarding issue on the router where it's no longer forwarding the UDP voice packets from the voice server. While there have been voice server disconnection issues for some users, the specific issue you're reporting has never been brought up before.

The new PE client runs in the system tray and doesn't have a user interface that you interact with no a regular basis. There is just the web interface which you can access from the same machine as your sim, or you can access it via a tablet, phone, or any other browser running on your network.

If you're 100% sure that the voice server connection is stable only if you're making calls every xx number of minutes, then I would definitely see if you can change your router networking settings. To rule out the router completely, you could try connecting your machine directly to your cable modem (if you have a cable setting), assuming it's separate from your router. Alternatively, and possibly more conveniently, if your cell phone has a tethering function, try using your cell phone for your internet connection so that you can bypass the router and see if the issue remains. If it doesn't, then your router is likely the issue.