Alphabet Challenge Leg 4 KDLO - KEMT

36 leg Achievement
zerofay32

Re: Alphabet Challenge Leg 4 KDLO - KEMT

Post by zerofay32 »

Had two tries at this leg today. The first try I was IFR and had my #2 engine catch on fire in the climb. I just canceled IFR and returned to KDLO since weather was clear and a million. For the second try I just wanted to get it done so I did it VFR. RW weathe at El Monte wasn't the best so I was prepared for a pop up IFR but didn't need it. Kind of cheating but I wanted to make sure I got it done because I'll be flying a lot for work in the next two days. For my day job, I'm an aerial photographer. The last thing I usually want to do after a long day of flying is to spend the evening flying the desk. :lol: Some times anyway...
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Aerial photographer - Wow, very cool. The simulated failures are excellent training.

My next leg will be KDLO to KEMT. I had an engine out on the way to KDMO with no joy on restart. With help from Marcus working ATC I deadsticked it into Bakersfield Muni. These are great drills to stay RW sharp.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
zerofay32

Post by zerofay32 »

rtataryn wrote:Aerial photographer - Wow, very cool.
Just like any job it has its moments. Most of our flying is done in Piper Navajos. While I'm mostly just a 'backseater', I do get to actually fly from the right seat sometimes. A couple of our pilots are CFIIs so I've been able to log some free twin engine time! Much better than having to pay. Even logged some actual IFR approches this last spring.
Andrew Fay
PilotEdge V-3; CAT-11; I-11; Skyhigh 10
Commercial Pilot/Instrument ASEL/AMEL- KOSU / Commercial sUAS
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Just finished another. Nothing exciting. VFR with crystal clear skies and a right base to rwy 19 at KEMT. Setting up for the short one down to KFUL and then the long one to the big gash!

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=116106
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air