Alphabet Challenge Leg 27 K0O2 - K1L1

36 leg Achievement
Talan2000

Alphabet Challenge Leg 27 K0O2 - K1L1

Post by Talan2000 »

Pilots,

http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=88532

Hope you enjoy your time in the desert. You'll be spending a fair amount of time criss crossing it now that you have reached the numbers portion of the challenge.

Speaking of numbers, this flight was pretty much "by the numbers". I've chosen to fly these VFR to see if I can route out any procedural errors that are more relevant to my real life circumstances, and because the wx doesn't require IFR. Oh and it's faster going into and out of uncontrolled fields without wating for a release or cancelling etc. Ah the joys of VFR.

Lessons Learned:
B and See: You will have the chance to request a B clearance if you want. KLAX seems more amenable to issuing them than KLAS. Or you can fly over. Or around. You decide.
flyingdrill

Re: Alphabet Challenge Leg 27 K0O2 - K1L1

Post by flyingdrill »

VFR in a Centurion. The winds at Baker were gusting to 40 KTS, and I was blown about a lot when I took off. I had also asked LA Center for flight following while still on the ground. I was admonished for doing this, but there you go! Up to 11,500' and over the Las Vegas Class B. Uneventful flight, and nice crosswind landing - and there was a stiff X-wind! X-Plane crashed as I clicked on the "disconnect" from PE, after exiting the runway. It does sometimes happen then. I'm not sure why. It took PE a few minutes to acknowledge that I had landed! Apart from the nice view of Las Vegas, there was not a lot to see in the desert.......