Alphabet Challenge Leg 33 K67L - KL77

36 leg Achievement
Talan2000

Alphabet Challenge Leg 33 K67L - KL77

Post by Talan2000 »

Pilots,

I know you are tired after that last flight. Good news, every flight remaining is shorter! Though collectively they are the longest bunch. Sorry :)
http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=88650

Situation:
Another desert jaunt to an airport that didn't rate an abbreviation for its name...that pretty much sums it up though L77 has a nice long runway and isn't a dirt strip or anything...those are coming up.

Lessons Learned:
Don't Get complacent and forget to squawk altitude on your transponder, even if you are VFR and talking to no one. Especially when you fly at 11.5 OVER the KLAS B. Ooops. Must have been a malfunction, not operator error.

Keep an eye out for TFRs: It would appear that POTUS is going on a Valentines Day Date in Palm Springs -- Carl if you are reading this - you better hustle to get through here before the airspace becomes a nightmare. I read the TFR info -- the outer shell is 30NM wide! Seems a VFR flight plan and FF will get you through the outer ring, thankfully, but this gateway airport and TSA inspections stuff etc just makes my skin crawl...I vowed to finish the alphabet before any TFR could hang me up.
Peter Grey

Re: Alphabet Challenge Leg 33 K67L - KL77

Post by Peter Grey »

Keep an eye out for TFRs: It would appear that POTUS is going on a Valentines Day Date in Palm Springs -- Carl if you are reading this - you better hustle to get through here before the airspace becomes a nightmare. I read the TFR info -- the outer shell is 30NM wide! Seems a VFR flight plan and FF will get you through the outer ring, thankfully, but this gateway airport and TSA inspections stuff etc just makes my skin crawl...I vowed to finish the alphabet before any TFR could hang me up.
Just for some PE specific clarification. On PE we do NOT simulate TFRs so you don't need to worry about them. Real world you 100% need to worry about them.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Talan2000

Post by Talan2000 »

well this can mean only one thing! I'm going to Disneyland...at 2500 AGL :)
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

I went VFR, and missed the Class B completely by going South to AZ50, then across to GFS, JOTNU and on to the field. I went through the corridor between the MOAs, even though they weren't active. Felt neater....

2 to go!