Two discrepancies in flying in order

36 leg Achievement
flyingdrill

Two discrepancies in flying in order

Post by flyingdrill »

Note number of pilots completed flights 27-29. Also flights 29-31.

Either pilots 1208 and 6895 have not completed the flights in order, or have not logged them correctly.
stealthbob

Re: Two discrepancies in flying in order

Post by stealthbob »

I am 6895 and I did fly them in order, the links to PEawaware indicate that. For some reason that is the way it ended up on the challenge log. I recall once not shutting down the plane before copy pasting the link so maybe that is why it still says en route for the one. The other one that is at the top of the list indicating N/A...I don't know why as the PEawaware log looks proper

If I could delete the entries and resubmit the links I think it would fix the errors indicated on the challenge log.

I was not that concerned as I I knew I flew them and in order. I didn't think anyone would really notice or care much about the log error so I never bothered to bring it up to have it fixed.

Good eye!
kullery

Post by kullery »

On rare occasions, PEAWARE logs a flight using an airport identifier which is not in upper case letters. For example, this flight was logged from 3l2 instead of 3L2. The code in the alphabet challenge is case sensitive so it did not recognize 3l2. I found about 5 cases where this occurred at various airports and adjusted them manually.

*EDIT - also adjusted for the entry which used to show "En Route"
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

kullery wrote:On rare occasions, PEAWARE logs a flight using an airport identifier which is not in upper case letters.
To be fair, pilots are the ones filing those flight plans, not PEAWARE ;-)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
kullery

Post by kullery »

Tim Krajcar wrote:
To be fair, pilots are the ones filing those flight plans, not PEAWARE ;-)
Ahh, that explains it. I couldn't understand the inconsistency. I should have realized this field in PEAWARE was picking up "as filed". In hindsight, I should have extracted the city pair from the page header where it appears to be always be upper case......I'm to lazy to change it now!!! So please, file flight plans with upper case and be sure to wait at your destination until PEAWARE recognizes that you have arrived.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Wasn't getting at anyone, Stealthbob. I just noticed the inconsistency in the entries of completed flights, and I just looked to see that order is now restored ;)

As one of the earlier pilots to have completed the challenge, I can't resist going back to see how many others have joined the "elite" list! :D

Congratulations to you. I found it enormous fun, and I now note that the numbers are increasing going down the list, as opposed to a while back when they were pretty much stuck.