[Mar 29 1800-2100 PDT]: Wednesday Walkabout!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
KLRay
Location: Near KBVS: Burlington/Mount Vernon, Washington, USA

Re: [Mar 29 1800-2100 PDT]: Wednesday Walkabout!

Post by KLRay »

Yes C172 slooooow .... I was also flying a C172 (Airfoillabs) , N628G. Started the event on time at SBP, but ended up being almost last at BUR, was getting late for my schedule so I didn't fly to HND. It was amazing to see all those planes sequence into BUR! Learned a lot to keep radio calls quick and brief. Thanks Keith and PE controllers for arranging this event, nice job...
Keith Smith

Re: [Mar 29 1800-2100 PDT]: Wednesday Walkabout!

Post by Keith Smith »

This was a lot of fun! The 3 hour format appeared to work well (concentrating the departures and getting most people to start closer to the start time rather than a more lengthy departure window). Naturally, Burbank was the highlight as it had a ton of simultaneous arrivals and departures as a result of it being the terminus of the first leg and the start of the final leg.

The math shows that you'd need a 150kt airplane to be able to complete both legs within the 3 hour window, including a reasonable turn time at BUR, so I'm not too shocked to hear that 172 wasn't able to finish the whole thing :)

Thanks for coming and we'll see you for the next one, and yes, we'll strive for weekend and Euro friendly times!