Where's my flight plan?

36 leg Achievement
sgabriel

Where's my flight plan?

Post by sgabriel »

I flew my first alphabet challenge flight today. Fun! Unfortunately, PilotEdge would not acknowledge that I had filed a VFR flight plan. At the end of my flight (KAPV to KBFL), the site still said "no flight plan filed", so I could not log the flight.

Must I file an IFR flight plan, even if I do not fly in the system? Seems like the only way PilotEdge will acknowledge the flight.

Thanks!
Marcus Becker

Re: Where's my flight plan?

Post by Marcus Becker »

A VFR submission will work just fine. I recommend before you depart that you verify using the PE map or even the home page homepage under "Current Pilots" and find yourself to see if it shows your departure and destination airports. Then, before you disconnect, look to see if it still says the same thing. It's an extra step but prevents these mishaps.
sgabriel

Post by sgabriel »

Hmmm. Annoying. I DID check PE and refiled my flight plan a couple of times. I was logged on, but the flight plan never showed up. I flew the flight anyway, assuming it would work out at some point.

Nope!
sgabriel

Post by sgabriel »

Yep. Just flew the flight successfully, VFR, but having filed in IFR plan on PE. I can confirm that PE and PEAware are not acknowledging my VFR flight plans at all.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

This isn't normal. Almost every flight in my history is a VFR flight with a VFR flight plan: http://peaware.pilotedge.net/pilot.cfm?cid=1. Received your support email, we'll resolve there.