PilotEdge Receiver Install File Not Connecting

Keith Smith

Re: PilotEdge Receiver Install File Not Connecting

Post by Keith Smith »

temkhabana wrote:My error now says "Unable to conect to pilotedge.net. Please check your internet connection and try again. Of course I am posting this on the internet while getting this error, so I AM on the internet just fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do I need the debugging previously mentioned?
Just tested the receiver, no issues here. Are you still having the problem?
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Keith Smith wrote:
wmburns wrote:I encountered the SAME problem starting Monday afternoon. Was working great before then.

Also had another 1st issue. My X-Plane set up is normally very stable. During taxi for departure from KFIP, lost communications. Disconnecting/reconnected did not solve the issue. One interesting thing I noted was the frequency listed on the online map showed 199.99 instead of the frequency dialed.

I shut down X-Plane and then re-connected and this resolved. Of the hours spent on Pilotedge this is the 1st time this has happened. Are the two events related?
No, those two are not related. The frequency will be listed as 199.998 if our plugin thinks the avionics are off, or if your radio has failed. It could also happen if there is a severe system issue on our end, but that has been resolved as far as I know. If you see it again, let me know.
This past weekend I had two engine failures during PE flights. It was interesting as I never practice single engine operation. It was rather difficult to maintain good control with the yaw caused by the unequal power. A true eye opener.

I didn't help myself as I confused the horizontal and vertical trim adjustments (this is why these should be practiced). This meant a fair amount of rudder needed to be held in manually.

I have the "allow random failures" option set with a slightly lowered mean time between failures (MTBF) value. It never occurred to me that "radio failure" could have been a possibility until just now.

This "bug" is on me. Live and learn.
sarusnet

Post by sarusnet »

Yesterday I installed the receiver on a new windows 7 (64Bit) and everything worked fine. Today I tried to run the program again and now I only get error messages from the program as soon as I click on "Connect":

The details are:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PilotEdge_Receiver.ConnectionManager.TimeCheck()
at PilotEdge_Receiver.RadioPresenter.Connect()
at PilotEdge_Receiver.FormReceiver.Connect_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PilotEdge Receiver
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GameComputer/Desktop/PilotEdge%20Receiver/PilotEdge%20Receiver.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
log4net
Assembly Version: 1.2.11.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.11.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/GameComputer/Desktop/PilotEdge%20Receiver/log4net.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The only way to close the program is to kill the task. There has been no system update or change between the 10hours.
I reinstalled it and tried a restore point hours before I have installed the receiver. No luck. It's just nor working anymore...

Any ideas?

Mario

update:
I don't know what happened, but its now running. I keep an eye on it... ;-)
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (31.86 KiB) Viewed 2044 times