Parking gate/ramp locations

Cyrus

Parking gate/ramp locations

Post by Cyrus »

Does anyone know of a database (or list) that maps the not-very-helpful names in the FSX parking locations (when selecting an airport to hyperspace to) to actual parking locations on the official airport diagram?

If not, is it just a matter of trial and error for everyone to find out the places that you prefer to start from?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Re: Parking gate/ramp locations

Post by Keith Smith »

Cyrus, I wouldn't think it would matter to you because:
I've made two decisions: 1. I'm going to switch from FSX to X-Plane (permanently.. rather than another one of my weekend fads)
:)
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Nice try :). But your quote-out-of-context makes you worthy of becoming a televangelist!

(Hint: I'm still rudderless and still on a piece of crap computer)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Good point! There is no correlation that I know of between the generic startup spot numbers and real world locations.
TimAbbott

Post by TimAbbott »

What I would do is get updated AFCADS from Avsim or the like very simple to install and free. The airport chart should match the updated parking/gates. It would take a touch of trial and error but shouldn't be too hard. I would maybe even make an excel file with parking spots that you like.

You could go even further and use ADE (I think that's right) and make your own correct parking spots.

For example I have a pay ware KLAX and I like parking at Landmark Aviation and I know in the FSX menu that SE parking 24 gets me there.

Hope this helps!

Tim
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Thanks for your suggestions, Tim. I've never dabbled in updating the FSX database. I think I need to just start remembering my favorite spots at each of the common airports that I fly out of, as you say....
TimAbbott wrote: For example I have a pay ware KLAX and I like parking at Landmark Aviation and I know in the FSX menu that SE parking 24 gets me there.

Tim
I'm too lazy for anything more elaborate than that. However, if I build up enough of a reliable list, I'll definitely share it here.