aerobatics...?

rhys1573

aerobatics...?

Post by rhys1573 »

i was wondering weather your allowed to do aerobatics on PE. If so what type of airspace do you have to go to do it. becuase i live in Wales and know that we arent allowed to do aerobatics where ever the hell we want. we have to be in a certain area. i have done aerobarics quite a few times in my life as im an air cadet that has been flying many times. such fun.
zengei

Re: aerobatics...?

Post by zengei »

You're allowed to perform aerobatics wherever it's not explicitly prohibited. FAR §91.303 contains the relevant regulations.

EDIT: Also an an implicit restriction is at an altitude below 18,000 MSL since above that is Class A airspace which requires an IFR clearance and I don't think controllers are amendable to allowing a deviation to do some loops. If you get above FL600 though...
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

A better question would be, "what are the requirements for performing aerobatics in real life?" since the answer will be the same on PE.

We try to minimize the amount of PE-specific regulations to maximize the applicability to real life procedures.

Zengei has the right answer.
garryd

Post by garryd »

I was the CFI at SAFTA and did give instruction that side for aero's. I have since left and don't have access to the aerobat anymore. There was an alpha 160 that I used as well which has since moved down to PE. I will be down in PE from time to time to assist the owner with some aerobatic training on the machine.