Lifeguard Flights on PE

Steven Winslow

Lifeguard Flights on PE

Post by Steven Winslow »

In real world flight, according to FlightAware.com, "Lifeguard flights are for missions of an urgent medical nature and the call sign is utilized when a flight requires expeditious handling. Air Traffic Control will expedite the handling of aircraft using a lifeguard prefix to their flight identifier." Just wondering if we have the same considerations on PilotEdge? St Vincent's Hospital in Billings, MT flies a King Air B200 almost every day and sometimes several trips a day. I listen to LiveATC frequently and I hear "Lifeguard 912SV" coming and going quite often. It intrigues me that they fly so often. So much that we're adding a King Air B200GT to our fleet at Air Northwest. We will be using it as a commuter, but also as an emergency transport. Would it be appropriate to use the "Lifeguard" call sign on PilotEdge?
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Re: Lifeguard Flights on PE

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, you can do Lifeguard flights on PE, no problem. Traffic congestion is normally not an issue, so 'priority handling' is not likely to be a problem.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Will "Lifeguard 351AN" fit in the identifier field when we log in or should we just use the "Lifeguard" prefix when we call for clearance?

Thanks!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Brandon Grchan

Post by Brandon Grchan »

Steven Winslow wrote:Will "Lifeguard 351AN" fit in the identifier field when we log in or should we just use the "Lifeguard" prefix when we call for clearance?

Thanks!

If your normal login would be N123AB, a lifeguard flight would be LN123AB
Brandon Grchan
PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

I hope we do get traffic congestion one day on pilotedge!!

It would add to the realisme.