questions from prospective user(s)

Re: questions from prospective user(s)

Postby Tim Krajcar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 am

We don't allow pseudonyms, but we can anonymize your account. It'll show up as "Anonymous 1234" where 1234 is replaced by your PE user ID. To set that up, just contact billing@pilotedge.net after signing up.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Stop by my Discord server!
Tim Krajcar

Postby skyfox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 pm

Tim Krajcar wrote:We don't allow pseudonyms, but we can anonymize your account. It'll show up as "Anonymous 1234" where 1234 is replaced by your PE user ID. To set that up, just contact billing@pilotedge.net after signing up.

Thank You, That is all I need to know and "anonymous 1234 etc" works for me and is perfect for my needs. Very grateful for your help
skyfox

Postby flykido » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi, and happy new year to you all !

I've been watching a fair amount of streams featuring PE this past year (GSA streamers mostly). I enjoy listening to this ATC a lot and I'm getting more and more eager to join and learn...

But since I live in France, I've not yet made the jump mainly because I evaluated that the full subscription price cannot get me the full service.
What I mean is that the opening hours are 8am – 11pm Pacific, which in my timezone translate to 5pm - 8am.
So even if I'd probably join the network between 5pm and say, 10pm most of the time, this would translate back to 8am-1pm in your timezone, which I think is not exactly the most populated period on your end :)

Now, I either dreamed or heard that a Europe expansion might see the light one of these days, so my question is (finally, sorry !) : would that mean that the opening hours would be adapted to Europe subscribers, or would it only be a territorial expansion ?
flykido

Postby Keith Smith » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 pm

If we do cover Europe, it will have operating hours that you would expect (ie, not California-based).

I wouldn't worry too much about how many other people are flying on the network. There doesn't need to be many other planes for it to feel like you're flying in a system with other people. As I write, there are 14 people flying right now (2 in Western US, 12 in ZLA), so I don't think you have to worry too much. Weekends will be busy during the day, too.
Keith Smith

Postby flykido » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Keith Smith wrote:As I write, there are 14 people flying right now (2 in Western US, 12 in ZLA)

Which is right within my flying period... hmm, ok, I think I'll finally give it a try after all. Thank you !
flykido

Postby Keith Smith » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 pm

I can't promise it'll be like that all the time, but honestly, it really doesn't take many planes (especially in ZLA with the shorter hops and small sectors) before he radio has a good flow of activity.
Keith Smith

Postby CraigB » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 am

Keith,
I have some unwanted (typos) callsigns on my 'connect' window. Any way to delete them?
CraigB
CraigB

Postby Keith Smith » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 pm

You could remove them by searching the Windows registry if you really want them gone, I suppose. Otherwise, doesn't it tend to remember the last callsign you used?
Keith Smith

Postby CraigB » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:18 am

Yes it does...OK, I'll leave it alone
C
CraigB

Previous

Return to General