skipping New Years eve

Keith Smith

skipping New Years eve

Post by Keith Smith »

The holidays are really doing a number with the Wed/Fri/Sun weekly beta schedule. We'll skip this Friday (Dec 31) and will resume the 3 day per week schedule starting on Sunday.

As a reminder, the network itself is available 24/7. The radio system allows you to hear any pilots on the same frequency within range (determined by their altitude and your altitude), so feel free to use the system any time for non-towered ops even if ATC isn't around. If ATC is offline and you are at a towered airport, treat the tower as being closed and simply tune the CTAF (the tower frequency) and announce your intentions.
Brian Ratledge

Re: skipping New Years eve

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Darn, was looking forward to it.
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sorry about that, Brian. Hopefully you can wait the extra two days and fly on Sunday :)

That said, you can always post a flight in the the Come Fly with Me forum! I would be surprised if there aren't some other pilots in the same boat who would love to join you. I would love to see the non-towered airports getting a work out, too.
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Canyon run Mr Smith? I suppose you might want follow my lead through those turns as you have for years. I'll be happy to lead you through it if you have forgotten your way. :D
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I have a date with the love of my life. *checks calendar* Oh, hang on, that's Tuesday... tomorrow is with the wife ;)

I would be all over a Canyon Run or the start of a series of VFR group flights in the near future, though.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Last time I did the canyon run I did it in a Dassault Falcon. Very scenic trip.

I should be online tonight, still getting used to the new instrument panels. Just got the projector rigged up for a full screen experience. I'll prolly fly some socal runs, a few crash 'n dashes, maybe a hop or two to the carrier. Try to get some daylight flying in for a change.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Adam, I removed the two fatal heli tours at avx and replaced with 4 different heli flights
I think you might enjoy following all of them. They leave every 15-18 mins or so (i will half that at some point). They are stock jetrangers, I finally managed to land one on the beach. Then it goes and hovers by the sxc vor for a quick inspection.

Avx is fun because there is a nice big drop on all sides, always fun in a blender!