[FE Notice] Important notes regarding KSGU

Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: [FE Notice]: Important notes regarding KSGU. All must re

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Even for those who don't participate in the betas can download the latest data from here:

http://data.x-plane.com/
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Alex Stjepanovic

Re: [FE Notice] Important notes regarding KSGU

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

I'm currently attempting to track down the info on what exactly the latest full version of X-Plane is. There seem to be discrepancies between the updater, the X-Plane webpage and what seems to be the 'update blog', so we are still sticking with treating SGU as serviceable.

More info to come soon!
Alex Stjepanovic

Pilots,

The current version of X-Plane(9.69), is confirmed to be fully public and contains both SGU and DXZ airports, as well as the accompanying navaids, fixes, and similar.

At the start of the thread, it was noted that when such a feature was available, we'd terminate active services at SGU. However due to various reasons, despite DXZ being fully available now, we are delaying this change in services. It is not expected to last long, so if any hardcore pilots fly in the area, please bear with this local realism reduction.

We hope to have it aligned with real world operations in the shortest time possible - Therefore for the time being, both SGU and DXZ are fully serviceable.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I found that 9.70, or at least the latest version of Robin Peel's Navdata, did not have the OZN VOR. I had to manually put it back in so I could do the I-11 rating. I don't know if KSGU still comes stock in 9.7 because I have custom scenery for KSGU installed. I'll give it a test later to see if it disappears when I remove the custom scenery.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve,

No need to remove the custom scenery, simply open the stock apt.dat file and search for KSGU. If it's there, then the airport is there. If not, then the airport is gone.

I'll work on a replacement for the I-11 as soon as I can since the PE Training Program is quickly gaining some momentum since we launched.

Keith
Alex Stjepanovic

For anyone else who needs the data on the OZN VOR, I'm providing it here.

In the earth_nav.dat, find this line:

Code: Select all

3  37.01761111 -113.51788889   2848 10860  40   12.0 UTI  ST GEORGE VOR-DME
Add this line underneath:

Code: Select all

3  37.08807889 -113.59184028   2901 10980  25   12.0 OZN  OLD ST GEORGE VOR-DME PROVIDED BY PILOTEDGE FOR I-11 CERT
You can also add the line anywhere within the file, but this process will make it easier to group them together.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I believe there's another line in the 12 series that needs to be added as well. I added both the 3 series line you listed, Alex, and the line in the 12's. Here it is:

12 37.08808333 -113.59183333 2901 10980 25 0.0 OZN SAINT GEORGE VOR-DME DME

Find this line:

12 46.82811700 018.11779200 418 11770 100 0.0 SVR SAGVAR VOR-DME DME

and paste the Saint George line just below it between SAGVAR and SAINT JOHN.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Alex Stjepanovic

Yes that would be the DME portion. My bad, I usually don't play much with these.
Alex Stjepanovic

Just a little update.

Today effective with AIRAC 1113, the code for the new St.George airport is now KSGU. KDXZ is no longer existent.

We are hoping to have an alternative I-11 out soon. In the meantime, if someone wishes to fly to the old airport, please advise the controller, as filing to "KSGU' would now imply flying to the new airport.

Internally we are aware of this change and will be keeping an eye out.

Thanks for your patience.

-Alex