Shared Cockpit

Kim Ellis

Re: Shared Cockpit

Post by Kim Ellis »

Marcus, thanks very much for the information. I think you would find all PMDG aircraft have similar problems because they have to use non-MS guages in order to achieve the high degree of simulation fidelity that they do achieve. I think the rule at present is that only MS guages will work in shared cockpit mode.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Unless the aircraft has a built-in shared cockpit system, like the Majestic Q400.

Note: the situation is completely different for X-Plane.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I will be deploying a server patch tomorrow morning such that when a slave/observer files a flight plan (not on the web site, but within the pilot client itself), it will be attached to the primary airplane. In other words, you'll be able to file on the master's behalf.
wdhurley

Post by wdhurley »

Many FSX aircraft do work with shared cockpit, but the highly detailed aircraft (PMDG/A2A) are still no-goes.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

The search for the holy grail of flight simming, namely PMDG shared cockpit, continues :(
sellouts

Post by sellouts »

The FlyTheMaddog MD80 also has shared cockpit, however it is far from error proof. Switching between PNF/PF has never worked right for me and even then it often falls out of sync.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The ability to file from the slave on the master's behalf is deployed. I also fixed a small bug where the slave was able to hear ATC's transmissions, but not the transmissions of the others pilots flying in the system. It still filters the audio from the master, of course.
sellouts

Post by sellouts »

I'll do a HOW-TO post as soon as I can get some free time. It'll be x-plane based using the stock Baron (or Carenado with limitations) for now but I will give the FSX version a try soon as well.

I'm a huge fan of shared cockpit though. It's nice to pass off the frustrating click-points on the radios to someone not flying :D
Jack

Post by Jack »

Shared cockpit flying on PilotEdge sounds exciting. I'm an FSX user so currently I'm unsure what aircraft it would work with. I do own X-Plane 9 and have for some time been considering upgrading to X-Plane 10!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We are working on building a library of shared cockpit configurations, there'll be more on this soon as part of the nextGen CSL release which will also coincide with the Mac 64-bit release and with some luck, the P3D installer. They're all being worked on at the same time.