Shared Cockpit

sellouts

Re: Shared Cockpit

Post by sellouts »

Has anyone used the SmartCopilot plugin with the A320NEO?

We tried it yesterday on PE and it was generally a disaster. Any sort of programming in the FMS caused single digit frame rates. Programming SID/STARs was impossible while connected and we also had an unexplained framerate drop coming through 4,000 on approach to LAX. The only fix was to disconnect and immediately reconnect, and even then it was dicey and sometimes took multiple times.

I'm not well versed in the Airbus flight automation but most of these problems seemed to be related to the shared cockpit functionality.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

never tried it with the A320. You should contact the plugin author to see what he knows about it.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Sorry to bust out an old thread, didn't want to spam the site with non PE stuff but I am having difficulty with smartcopilot (scp)

To start I want to thank the dev for the great work for this community with smartcopilot (scp), hopefully I will get flying with my Dad on line soon with PE...just like i Have seen others do.

I have an issue however, I will list out my diagnostic attempts and maybe you can point me in the right direction...

The issue at hand is that I can be the master of two aircraft...the default Cessna 172 and the Carenado B200, once I try to switch my dad to master we get a connected/disconnect cycle.

Confirmed steps:

Using latest xplane version 10.35
Using Hamachi...we can ping each other
Placed proper license key in the scp folder (verified that we are not using the same one)
Verified the config file for each aircraft was the same (downloaded from your site)
used the exact same aircraft file for each aircraft
using scp version 1.21b
verified settings with proper ip and name, clicked update connection and update .acf

start cold and dark, same airport same plane.

When I fly the B200 as the master has some glitch stutters on the slave but not too bad, the 172 engine does not start on the slave after I start it on the master?

The main issue is that my Dad cannot be a master on either plane?

Please any guidance?

I have reached out to the dev and to X-Plane forums but nothing yet...it would be nice to hook up with Dad this Easter and fly up the California coast, I suppose I could do the flying but want to get this fully working.
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

Connected/Disconnected cycle is a symptom of port forwarding being set up incorrectly. If I recall this is specifically tied to the slave's configuration.

Make sure any firewalls in place are disabled (including windows).

It's worth noting that I personally saw this problem when using Hamachi. I ended up completely removing it from my setup and configuring port forwarding through my router.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can't help, have never used Hamachi...I just use direct connect. Am yet to have any networking issues.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Thanks, I will try direct connect later when Dad is available.

My issue has always been that my internet in the house is double NAT (fixed wireless) which prevents me from opening ports on the receiver radio/modem. I recently got a static IP from my isp which should now allow me to open the appropriate ports.

I just went with Hamachi as I already have a pro account with them and has always been seamless for me in the past for similar type connections.

I will post results...hopefully with solutions.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Let me know if you want another tester. At the very least we'll know with whom the issue lies.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I think I may just take you up on that Chris...thanks!

Maybe later this week, I will hit you up on PM.

...BTW, epic landing with that DC3! (yes people actually watch those videos lol)
Anonymous Pilot 7577

Post by Anonymous Pilot 7577 »

So, just to clarify a question that I'm sure has been asked ad nauseum, in order for smartcopilot to work w/ PilotEdge, both users have to have PE accounts?

Thanks!
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

For both to be able to hear and communicate yes...

I would imagine Smartcopilot would work fine on its own for what it does, only the person who is logged in will be able to hear use PE. I would recommend that the Master is the one logged in as disconnects can happen which would leave the remaining co pilot NORDO

Good thread on the subject of connecting with SCP:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1817#p24634