Compatible with FSX

Howard

Compatible with FSX

Post by Howard »

Is this program working with Microsoft's FSX or only X-Plane?
Thanks a lot,
Howard
Daddy O

Re: Compatible with FSX

Post by Daddy O »

Right now it is only available to Xplanes on PC and Mac, but they are working on an FSX plugin.

So it would be a great time to switch over to a real flight simulator like Xplane :)
Howard

Post by Howard »

I agree. I have been using X-Plane since version 1 and know Austin personally. I have also been a Flight SImulator fanatic since FSII in 1984 and have been a beta tester for MS on the last three version of FS.

My friend Doug Horton introduced me to your product and it looks really interesting. I look forward to giving it a try very soon.

Good luck,
Howard
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Howard,

I met Doug on my trip to visit PFC last week. If you have any questions about the network, don't hesitate to ask here in the forum, or PM me directly if you prefer. Do you also contribute to the same publication as Doug?
Howard

Post by Howard »

Hi Keith,

Yes, Doug told me that he met with you and was really excited about your product. I also viewed your 3 videos and really enjoyed watching them. I do not contribute to the publication, I just read it.

Best regards,
Howard
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Outstanding. I got started on the same version of MSFS, too. I actually found the FSII box and manual at a garage sale in 2003, snapped that up....boy it brought back some memories!

Feel free to join in the beta testing any time you like. We run it Wed/Fri/Sun from 5pm-9pm PST. More details are on the beta page on the site. We also have a focus airport program to try to concentrate traffic during those beta nights. The focus airports are listed on the home page.

Welcome, and enjoy.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Update: I'm shooting for early February for the FS9/X availability. It's very high on the list of things to do.
Tom Solon

Post by Tom Solon »

KS, this will be a HUGE boost. I'll foray into PE itself to fly...! I just feel so utterly intimidated with XP.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Having flown both XP and MSFS for many years, I would think you would find Xplanes liberating. You have so much freedom, so many choices, endless possibilities.

In case you have not been there yet, you should check out www.x-plane.org and you will be amazed at all of the free aircraft, scenery, and plugins that await you there. You would pay more than a grand to get FSX to do all the things you can get Xplanes to do for $27 and an internet connection.

FSX is prettier, I'll give it that much.
Tom Solon

Post by Tom Solon »

Thanks, Daddy O. I do actually *have XP9... it's just, I feel much more comfortable in FS. I believe the FS launch will increase participation at least two-fold, if not more.