Pilot Introductions

John Muenster

Re: Pilot Introductions

Post by John Muenster »

Thought I'd say hello, my name is John Muenster and I just finally got around to signing up for PE this morning, previously I did a few laps in the pattern without any controllers. So I figured I might as well take advantage of the 14 day trial offer and see what its all really about. Did my first IFR flight tonight from SAN-OXR in my trusty C421 (N522GL). Only one big mistake, X-Plane decided it was time for my gyro to fail so I turned a bit past my assigned heading (sorry Keith :D ) before being corrected. I was feeling lazy and not wanting no-gyro vectors back to SAN as my first flight, although it would've be interesting, I fixed it in the sim and carried on. My reaction to actually seeing more of this network, WOW absolutely incredible. Can't believe I waited till now to try out PE.

A little about me, I'm 19 living in Reading, PA, and currently taking general courses at our community college, with plans of transferring to Beaver Co. for the CTI program next fall. I have a mere 5 hours towards my PPL, but that number will hopefully rise. As for my virtual experiences I have nearly 500 hours as a sim pilot, primarily with the VATSIM network. I also control on VATSIM in the New York ARTCC, but certain, unmentioned reasons, are starting to make me get less enjoyment out of that. Outside of aviation I am an avid hockey fan, player, and primarily an official. A fair part of my weekends in the winter months find me traveling here and there to referee this awesome game.

Anyway enough about me, I look forward to seeing everyone around! Blue skies

EDIT: I forgot to add, as soon as the paycheck comes, I'm in, hopefully there will still be a charter spot left
John Muenster
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Hello All,

I'm Igor Petrov, I'm a lowly flightsimmer in Moscow. I'm curious about this project and wish it all the luck and success. I plan to invest my time in learning of the radiocoms and procedures at PE and finally have fun (at some point) flying in the realistic environment. Btw PE's working hours are perfect for my geography, so I'll add my flights to your morning traffic.

Igor.
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

Hello Folks

My name is Hans Ulrich (or John) Mueller, my age is just over 63 and next summer I’ll retire from being a math teacher at a high school in Switzerland.

My flying “career” started in 1992 when I acquired In Centralia IL the US-PPL. The costs, including the transatlantic flights were less than half of what I would have had to pay in Switzerland. Later I bought an old Cessna 172 (N8962V), which was based at the flight school Sunair in Camarillo and served as a rental. Normally I traveled twice a year to the US to fly my airplane. Alone or with friends I flew over the great sceneries in Western US, visited several times the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yellowstone, flew as far as to Minneapolis, Chicago, and once to Florida. Finally in 2001 a renter of my Cessna landed after a night cross country on a tree. Fortunately he could walk away but the Cessna was lost.

Anyway, soon later I had to give up real flying for several reasons. I flew many of my real flights later on MSFS. When I learnt from AOPA about PE I joined PE at once. Flying now with PE, I get back a lot of the joy, I had when I flew the real old Cessna. Yes, I’m rusty on the radio and mistakes happened.

My thanks go to the people of PE, who make it possible that I can enjoy in front of my computer an essential part of real flying. I wish PE all the success they deserve.
Hans Ulrich (John) Mueller
PE ID: 216, AOPA: 01274044, PPL 2474260.
pmilanez

Post by pmilanez »

Hi all,

My name is Pedro and I'm from Brazil.

I'm a private pilot and now i'm studing to get my Comercial Pilot license. I'm 25yr old and i flew basically the old good C152 during my private pilot course.

My simulation flying is with me since FS 5.1 and has been helping me since the beginning.

When I found about PilotEdge I was very pleased because will help me during my training for IFR flights and mostly for my English communications skills. I will do a ICAO test that mesures the English proficiency and i'm sure that all the experience over Pilotedge will help me alot!

I hope to make good friends and share some experiences.

Best regards for all!

Pedro
AngNov68

Post by AngNov68 »

My Name is Angelo and I am new to the pilotedge program. I am a rotorcraft pilot student at sunaero helicopters in Lansing Illinois. I am trying to get my Commercial pilots licence and found this program on x-plane 10. It looks like this is just what I need to further my education. It may take me some time to get used to the ins and outs of this program so If I make some mistakes I am sorry.
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

My name is Justin and Im a gyro instrument tech. I own a 1967 Navy F-4 Phantom front seat trainer that I've modified into a simulator with FS9 using 3 computers and it has features such as a functional g-suit. I am researching the possibility of interfacing PE with the sim to give it the communication capability that it is currently missing.

I use the sim with Flight Deck 6 in San Diego, launching from the Aircraft Carrier USS Truman at about 20 miles from the coast. Is it ok to use this scenery with PE?

I suppose in real life a carrier has its own ATC so when over water doing carrier traps I would just operate on Center frequency?

Best Regards,
Justin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VQIF89a ... ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3w3_eGT ... YxXWUiI3Gw
Attachments
F-4 3.jpg
F-4 3.jpg (115.53 KiB) Viewed 9034 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (191.28 KiB) Viewed 9034 times
Volair Sim

Post by Volair Sim »

Hello. Bart Waclawik here from Indianapolis, IN. I have been using PE for few months now but finally decided to properly introduce myself. I am a private pilot with about 500 hours. I got my instrument rating earlier this year and flying on the simulator with PE really helped me with training for the IFR. I fly on PE weekly to keep sharp on the voice communication and doing the approaches helps me stay current. I also really like the fact I get to fly in beautiful SoCal as opposed to boring Indiana :D . BWT, I bought the MegaScenery X and this makes flying on PE much better as I get to admire the scenrey while flying around - highly recommend - you can find it on amazon.

I have been into flight simulation all my life and recently launched a company that is designing, manufacturing, and selling flight simulation cockpit chassis - http://www.volairsim.com. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Here is my set-up (using Saitek products mostly). I use Fore Flight on the iPad with the approach plates.

Bart Waclawik
www.volairsim.com
cvenable

Post by cvenable »

Hello everyone. I'm Chris Venable from Bentonville, Arkansas. I had my first RW flight lesson in 1998 but didn't get my private pilot certificate until September 2011. I'm now working on my instrument rating and hope to be a CFI someday just to share the joy of flying with others. I'm an Enterprise Architect with Walmart by day

I joined PE a few weeks ago and have been on regularly since then. I'm currently on X-Plane 9 on a 4-year-old iMac. I'm planning to set up a PC optimized for flight simming and X-Plane 10 next year. My favorite planes to fly on X-Plane and PE are the x737 and the following by Carenado: Baron, Bonanza, v-tail Bonanza, Seneca, and Mooney M20.

Look forward to "having you in sight" on PE!
Thatzkatz

Post by Thatzkatz »

Hi Folks - I'm Dan Katz, an 800-hour RW PPSEL/Instrument pilot based out of Van Nuys. I own a 1957 Beech Bonanza - N650B. I was fortunate enough to stop by the PilotEdge booth at the AOPA Summit this past week and decided to give the program a try. While it took a while to get set up, and I'm sure I tested Keith's patience to the max, it's a phenomenal tool and I'm hooked. I've been looking for a program like this for years, since I actually have been simming longer than I've been flying. I use the sim to keep my instrument and piloting skills sharp. PilotEdge does this better than anything else - short of a double-I at my side. I just flew several IFR approaches and there's sweat under my armpits, so the realism is pretty darn ideal. Having a professional-level controller watching and listening means I have to be on the same game as in the RW cockpit. No getting sloppy!

By day, I'm an advertising professional. On the weekends, I'm poking holes in the SoCal sky in my Bonanza. And at night, I'm back in my virtual cockpit. I actually fly MY plane - having taken a digital photo of the panel of N650B and built it into FSX. The "engine" is the Caranado BE35, so the performance matches my bird as much as the panel. Thanks for adding me to the community here! Looking forward to many more hours of ATC-assisted flying online.
SoCal_Pilot

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

Hello Fellow PilotEdge-ers

My name is Charath Ranganathan. I'm basically from India (if my extra long last name didn't already give me away :) )

In my day job, I am the Head of Engineering for a social gaming studio in Santa Monica, CA. In the evenings, I spend time on X-Plane flying on PilotEdge.

I recently got my private pilot's license through DuBois Aviation in Chino, CA and I fly out of Chino in a Piper Cherokee whenever time (and money) permit me!
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA