Pilot Introductions

Ryan B

Re: Pilot Introductions

Post by Ryan B »

Very nice!

As for the sim version RV7...Just click reinstall after you redownload the RV7 from here: http://www.baytower.ca/bts_downloads.htm

If you lost your purchase info then go to the F1 lost order number site, enter your email address and it will send you a list of your order numbers. The F1 site link is here:
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder

It should show up in your email inbox order history like this: xxxxxx - Van's Aircraft RV-7 - Order Password: yyyy - Certificate: xxxxxx-zzzzzzz

I also agree the real world can be easier to fly than in the sim. Without tactile feedback and the use of my fingers, finding those tiny clickspots in an airplane can be difficult!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
MikeyDale

Post by MikeyDale »

Thanks Ryan, I'll see about getting it back.
WagnerTenor

Post by WagnerTenor »

Hi my name is Graham Sanders (Handle WagnerTenor). I have been flying online on Vatsim for over 10 year. I finally took the PilotEdge plunge. Glad I did!

Graham
kg135035

Post by kg135035 »

Hello All

I am Kevin Garner. Been flying simulators for a long time and finally decided to try some online ATC. Did a quick first flight around Oceano Co. Quite enjoyable.
Hope I can soon build a little more confidence using PilotEdge.
I am looking forward to lots of time with it.

Thanks PilotEdge. Keep up the great work.

Regards
Kevin Garner
Ontario, Canada
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

kg135035 wrote:Hello All

I am Kevin Garner. Been flying simulators for a long time and finally decided to try some online ATC. Did a quick first flight around Oceano Co. Quite enjoyable.
Hope I can soon build a little more confidence using PilotEdge.
I am looking forward to lots of time with it.

Thanks PilotEdge. Keep up the great work.

Regards
Kevin Garner
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the network Kevin! Some great resources on this forum- use it!

A great way to get started and build confidences to use the pilot training program - http://training.pilotedge.net/page/overview

Is start you out on the basics and move you up to advanced topics at your own pace.
Kyle Sanders
kg135035

Post by kg135035 »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:
Welcome to the network Kevin! Some great resources on this forum- use it!

A great way to get started and build confidences to use the pilot training program - http://training.pilotedge.net/page/overview

Is start you out on the basics and move you up to advanced topics at your own pace.
Thanks for the great advice. I have spent much time in the training section of the site.
Lots of great resources & handy videos, transcripts, etc. there. Look forward to getting more involved with the network now.

Thanks Again
Kevin G.
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Hello all,
My name is Bob Yunque (pronounced kind of like "young-k"). I have run my own business, along with my wife, out of my home for the past nine years. I make signs and design and install vehicle wraps. I've been in the sign business for over 30 years. I am the only 3M Preferred installer in Alabama that actively installs vehicle wraps (there is one other in Birmingham that does trade show displays). In the trade, 3M Preferred is considered the elite of installers. It is a very difficult certification to get and not many want to try. I am also Avery certified and a PDAA Master Installer (Professional Decal Applicators Alliance), so I do a lot of installs for out of state companies. I've installed wraps in my area for companies from Boston to California. http://www.shabobsigns.com
I also stripe and letter a lot of fire trucks that end up all over America and Canada. I do that for a large company that refurbishes fire trucks.
I started getting interested in flight simulation back with FS98 and FS2000, but didn't really get serious about it until after FSX came out. Of course with FSX I spent more time tweaking and repairing it than anything else :D
In FS98 I only attempted to fly the Cessna 172 at Meads Field, but in FS2000 I got up in the air in the default 737 and I remember being very excited about it, but wondering how in the world do these pilots know where the airports are?
I really cut my teeth with MSFS. Then about two years ago, I started trying to use X-Plane, but it has been a big learning curve when I've been so used to FSX and now P3D. I would use it for a week or two, then leave it for a few months.
Now with all of the great aircraft that are becoming available in X-Plane, I've been using it a lot more, but my best scenery is still in P3D, so I haven't given it up.
I never did any flying on Vatsim or any other online system. I never had the confidence to do that. I heard about PilotEdge about two years ago and was really tempted, but have never had the guts to get started with it.
Now I've decided to take the plunge.
I spent all of the 4th of July flying the "first flight" offline in X-Plane with my vFlyeair Piper Comanche Classic, just practicing the communication and flying to get on PilotEdge with it. I still wasn't able to do it until late. I finally just threw caution to the wind, and logged onto PilotEdge at L52. The flight and communication went much better than I expected and it was a lot of fun.
It was a real great experience. I would have never thought that I would do my first online flight ever with X-Plane and on PilotEdge.
I am not confident yet, but I believe I broke the ice and will continue to enjoy this program very much. Lots of training and knowledge needed before I can get confident though. But I intend to do a lot of GA VFR flying and communicating until I do. Then, who knows where I'll fly to. 8-)

Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
alanpearson

Post by alanpearson »

Hi everyone,

I've recently joined the PE network and did my V1 rating a few days ago. I was a bit unsure about the level of communications needed for the V2 but after watching a workshop called "ATC communications" it made a lot more sense to me, so I'm going to go for the V2 this week.

In real life, I'm a software engineer and a student pilot training at KBFI in Seattle and also practicing at KPWT. I'm likely to do my first solo flight in the week... My CFI wants me to do a bit more work but she suggested that after one more solid practice with her demonstrating all the maneuvers that I'd be ready to go.

A side note... I'll be at the AOPA fly-in at KPWT (Bremerton, WA) next week. Hope to say "hi" to anyone else who may be there from the PilotEdge world...

- alan
davenicoll

Post by davenicoll »

Hello everyone,

I have been simming for approximately 10 years on and off.

I discovered PilotEdge at the beginning of the year and although I had the trial I did not get to use it. Keith kindly allowed me to have a further 7 day trial and I finally plucked up the courage to do "Your first flight on Pilotedge" L52 (Oceano) to San Luis county.

I flew a practice run and then drew a deep breath and connected and flew the flight. I do hope I did not mess the controller to much (I do not think so) but I was so glad I did connect...Nerves aside, what an experience. Here I am sat at 22:30 Zulu in the UK talking to ATC thousands of miles away across the pond.

I found it very professional and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Now I need to brush up and get the ratings done...Off to revise for the V1..

I highly recommend it and am going to sign up.

Thank you to the controller at San Luis Tower last night and hope to see you all in the skies

Thank you

Dave
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

davenicoll wrote:
I found it very professional and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Now I need to brush up and get the ratings done...Off to revise for the V1..

I highly recommend it and am going to sign up.

Thank you to the controller at San Luis Tower last night and hope to see you all in the skies

Thank you

Dave
Hello Dave,

I agree with you about the professionalism. I just did my first flight (L52-KSBP) two days ago - a bit nerve-racking - but very satisfying.

I heard three different controllers on the radio during the 2+ hours I was on, each with a different style - all very professional.

Last night I did another non towered to towered and had a great time.

I have very little time to sim, but when I do, it will be on PE. Hope to see you out and about someday :)

Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11