video of PE running in PFC sim

Eugene Zaporozhets

Re: video of PE running in PFC sim

Post by Eugene Zaporozhets »

Very cool video. I was wondering, was the resolution reduced for zise or is 360p the original format? I was trying to see the gauges with little success, 720p would've been a killer for that.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It was not shot with a HD camera. The idea was to show interaction with live atc in a variety of scenarios. I agree, it would have been nice, though.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

By the way, there was certainly more footage and scenarios that were shot while I was there, however, we did have some audio problems as a result of the sim settings being altered between a test shoot one afternoon and the filming later that night.

If anyone's wondering why their voice isn't in the video, that's generally why. There were also a few cases where most pilots voices were coming through relatively well, while some voices were relatively deep and quiet, making it hard to hear over the ambient engine noise (although it came through fine on the headphones)

Ideally, we would've captured the ATC audio directly from the machine, rather than the '2nd hand' method we were using (having the ATC audio played back through a speaker in the overhead panel in the sim, and capturing that along with ambient noise on the camera).

It was the best we could do in the time we had, and overall, I'm happy with what we captured. Again, I appreciate that people came out to fly for the event(s)!

Keith
Andrew Doubleday

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

Looks good. I remember having to crank the slower guy off of the VOR 25 to make way for you guys on the full procedure into SBA in the first video... Turned out pretty good.
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI