video of PE running in PFC sim

Keith Smith

video of PE running in PFC sim

Post by Keith Smith »

This video was shot while I flew left seat with Sim Check International's Mark Kutch in the right seat (retired TWA 727 pilot).

Peter Grey on Socal, Alex S. on tower and Eugene Z on gnd. Aircraft is a Citation 501 (the Slowtation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3UkrDLugg

I was learning the basics of CRM and flying a jet (properly), so there's a lot of instruction going on. There is at least a little bit of ATC interaction, though.

I don't have access to the raw footage, this was posted by PFC, so I can't edit it or add titles yet. There was a lot more footage shot with two guys that really knew what they were doing while I worked socal approach in the other room, I hope we can get that posted.

Edit: new demo videos posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpXTIyOMVak (compilation of IFR/VFR scenarios)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXuQTEBBMOk (PSP-LGB, VFR)
Peter Grey

Re: video of PE running in PFC sim

Post by Peter Grey »

Nice video.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Cool video. I was reminded again that the PFC sim rocks and the atc puts it over the top.
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Tom Solon

Post by Tom Solon »

I just saw this. Holy *$(#@#. That's amazing.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Prretty nice, but keep in mind that that PFC simulator costs almost as much as a real Baron. At $200000 it is some piece of engineering.
The fiberglass cockpit enclosure all of the equipment is mounted in is $10,000 all by itself. The center console of radios is $2500. The motion platform runs about $2500. Each PC has a $500 Xplane Pro USB dongle. But the biggest cost of the whole thing is the expense of the FAA certification process.

And, ya, the 42" monitors are not cheap either. Then there is the custom crreated scenery (because you can't just download scenery from X-plane.org and sell it on a commercial platform.)

PFC alrready has at least one shop setup where you can go and rent sim time on one of their birds. I wonder what they charge per hour?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

New video posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpXTIyOMVak

This contains footage that was taken during the recent trip to California to visit PFC again. Thanks to everyone that flew and controlled during the demo.

I apologize for not being on time for the PSP-LGB flight, things got away from me that day, and then I managed to start at LGB, thinking we'd go to PSP. By the time I realized the mistake, most people were already enroute by then.

A second video showing the PSP-LGB flight will be posted shortly, it's edited and ready.

My goal was to make 2 videos...one is a compilation of various IFR/VFR scenarios. The 2nd is a single flight, end to end (edited for length, obviously), that'll be the PSP-LGB vid.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Says it's a private vid, Keith.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

:)
TheMadDocMD

Post by TheMadDocMD »

Came out quite nicely I must say... Glad my horrible landing and approach didnt make the films... But my radio calls did which I didnt botch too much up there so I am glad that I can show this to friends without the "I sucked" disclaimer haha

Awesome hanging out with you Keith! Had a complete blast flying in the sim with you and the PFC guys!
MD
Real World Controller
FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Graduate - Sacramento, CA
FAA Certificated Aircraft Dispatcher