Nice view in TVL

Justin Bumgardner

Nice view in TVL

Post by Justin Bumgardner »

I was literally getting lined up for takeoff and this just popped up ahead of the trees.. I was like no way. If your asking why I was taking off that way its cause there are no takeoffs on 18. Pretty funny though.

You may have to maximize your window to see the pic. if not I'll resize.

JB
Justin Bumgardner
Chief Operations Officer www.x-usairways.com
Keith Smith

Re: Nice view in TVL

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Justin,

I'm having trouble seeing properly....are you referring to the traffic just above the runway/trees? Was it a drone?

To the best of my knowledge, every single drone starts on the ground. That is by design, specifically to avoid cases like that. Was it coming or going?

Keith
Justin Bumgardner

Post by Justin Bumgardner »

Yeah i figured it might not maximize. I have widescreen ratio of about 1900 to 1200 so it makes posting pics kind of hard without some trial and error.

It was my default viewing distance. It was drone and landed right in front of me. It could've been the fact that I didn't notice it until lining up, either way it was very cool to see another plane coming in as i was taking off.
Justin Bumgardner
Chief Operations Officer www.x-usairways.com
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I had a similar surprise. I was recording a flight and as I was descending on short final a twin rolled out onto the runway. So I did a 360 right there on final so the drone could depart. Funny thing is, I think it was one of my drone recordings. I got in my own way.

Only on the internet :)