Building your own simulator

Daddy O

Re: Building your own simulator

Post by Daddy O »

So if I bought their base software, would I get a working Garmin or Avidyne? Or do I have to buy one of the $75 add-on packages?
I have lots of aircraft, will the base package only work for a few, or can it be set up to work for all of my planes---with each of them having their own instrument panel, not a single panel for all?
steve.huff

Post by steve.huff »

you would need to buy the base package, SimAvio. the SimAvio package includes the Nav database. then select one of the panel packages. for instance Piper G1000, all but the diamond aircraft panels come with the aircraft to use them. I beleive that these panels are used by pfc to create their panels. they include free updates for 1 yr.
steve.huff

Post by steve.huff »

You load the panel in simavio and then load the aircraft in xplane. I've loaded a panel for twin and loaded a single engine aircraft. you can also set the aircraft to load automatically for a certain panel. if you wanted to use your own aircraft and use a customized panel you modified, you could also do that. their is a large number of guages you can enable or disable in each panel and then move arround to your liking.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

So I could have like 5 basic panel layouts, and load the one most appropriate to whatever I am flying. You said I get to choose an additional aircraft, does that cost any more $$?
steve.huff

Post by steve.huff »

You don't get to choose the aircraft included. You get the aircraft appropiate for the panels you buy.
for instance if I get the Beech G1000 panel package. then i would also get the Beechcraft Bonanza A36/G36
Beechcraft Baron 58/G58. if you go to their website and "view" a package then a "*" after an aircraft indicates that it's included. the SimAvio package that you need to purchase does include a C172-S and a B200 panels and aircraft. I know the entry price is high. but i looked at it as for $40 I got 2 aircraft with panels that I could customize with very little effort. I really want to try out the new Aspen panels.
Archammer

Post by Archammer »

There are so many great sites for building a cockpit that are missing from this post. I don't want to turn it into a URL frenzy, so I'll just invite you all to check out mycockpit.org for an entire group of enthusiasts dedicated to building home flight simulators, and where to buy modules, controls, parts, or whatever you desire for your own pit.

I might as well throw my pit into the pics here: