NORDO

Tim Krajcar

NORDO

Post by Tim Krajcar »

My apologies to AJ & Colin there! Still have no idea what happened, but a network re-connect once I was on the ground fixed it. It was a few minutes of panic for sure. I tried both SBA_APP frequencies, SBA_TWR, and once I got no response on either, flipped the squawk to 7600 (for the first time in almost 9 years of online flying) and proceeded VFR. A bit more excitement than I might have liked, but I was impressed with the emergency GUARD system used by PE and hope I didn't cause too much panic behind the scopes!
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Alex Stjepanovic

Re: NORDO

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Tim Krajcar wrote:but I was impressed with the emergency GUARD system used by PE
:twisted:

Sincerely,

The guy behind it!
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

For anyone interested - The conga line:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8039/618f.png
Colin Levy

Post by Colin Levy »

No problem at all Tim, I found it quite interesting watching it. Had to ask Eugene what "RF" meant on your data tag, never seen that before on sim flying.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks for the report, Tim. I experienced a loss of voice comms while on the ground at LGB at some point, too. I'm curious if others did as well. This is a new one, don't think I've seen it before. Unfortunately, I was not able to monitor the server at the time (was at the sim center at PFC without easy access to my laptop to get to the server).

Same thing for me, though, a disconnect/reconnect did it if memory serves.

If anyone else had the same issue, please let me know.

The good news is that we shot around 2 1/2 hours of footage. Woohoo! Thank you to everyone that showed up, it was great to see those planes and have that traffic on the radio.

Keith