Bummed [Sun Mar 27]

jollyroger

Bummed [Sun Mar 27]

Post by jollyroger »

Hey guys,

I'm so bummed I missed the flight on Sunday. Lets just call it a bedtime behavioral emergency ;) Looked like it would have been an amazing opportunity to practice some low IFR flying. How did it go.

It did prompt a thought though, would any flights be willing to artificially agree to a low IFR minimum for some practice flights? we can adjust our own weather of course but that doesn't provide the same requirement of all pilots and controllers having to be coordinated to fly in [real] IFR conditions. Of course this would only work if we had some sort of recourse for VFR pilots. Any ideas.

On the other hand maybe you all shouldn't tell me how good it was last night ;)

Jeffrey N14PC / N735U
Colin Levy

Re: Bummed [Sun Mar 27]

Post by Colin Levy »

I had a great time. Flew Monterey to San Carlos in my Malibu. I apologize to Keith working Norcal. My PC froze as I was flying overheard San Carlos.

Looking forward to Wednesday!
Keith Smith

Re: Bummed [Sun Mar 27]

Post by Keith Smith »

Jeffrey,

It was a good night! There was a healthy stream of MRY-SQL flights of varying speeds, making for some fun sequencing. There were also two inbounds to SQL from Santa Rosa (STS). Only a couple of pilots continued on to the final destination of Healdsburg.

There was a engine-out emergency for one of the SQL departures who was able to return to the field.

There is no significant issue with using your own weather (IMC) even when it's VFR. In the real world, obviously, you need someone looking outside for you if you're under the hood in VMC, but here, there is no real consequence to not spotting the VFR traffic, so feel free to set the weather as you need.

Feel free to make a post in the "Fly with me" forum to form your own IMC club for the beta nights!