Taxiway Signs

robertvo

Taxiway Signs

Post by robertvo »

At some airport(s) that I have flown from/to in your enviroment I'm missing Taxiway signs in Xplane.
So in order for me to taxi, I had to look at the real world airport diagram and swith to the Xplane Local Map and figure which way to go.
Is there an update you guys have for the airports I could download?

Also, at some airports at some time, I've seen some airplanes to be suspended in the air in about 30 feel agl above the taxiway.
Could it be a problem with different baro settings?
Thanks
Rob
Steven Winslow

Re: Taxiway Signs

Post by Steven Winslow »

The problem of floating aircraft is probably because either you or they have "runways follow contours" set to on. You should uncheck the "runways follow contours" box on the settings>rendering options page. That is the primary cause of the issue, but different barometer settings can also cause similar results.

As for the taxiway signs missing, you are probably using the default scenery and there are no signs, or buildings, at the default airport layouts. There is a ton of free custom scenery available at www.x-plane.org if you want to download it and install it. I believe there are a few default airport layouts that have signage, but most do not. The PilotEdge network doesn't load any scenery into your X-Plane. The only things it adds are drone traffic and other pilots flying with you online. Your weather is still generated by your X-Plane and so is the scenery.

It is a good practice to always have the airport diagram and departure/arrival plates handy when flying on PilotEdge. I've found it almost mandatory to prepare for at least half an hour before I connect to PilotEdge to do a flight.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Re: Taxiway Signs

Post by Keith Smith »

My goal is to eventually have updated taxiway layouts for each towered airport within the coverage area. These updates will be sent to Robin Peel, who maintains the master airport database for X-Plane. That way, when people install/update X-Plane, they will automatically have the correct layouts/signage without installing any 3rd party scenery.